Respected Contributor

Re: I Am Making A Wine Basket For A Co Worker That Is Retiring Can You Share What To Put In the Bas

Do you know what kind of food she likes?  Even reading material or other small items could fit in the basket if they were representative of her tastes.  Barring those specifics, the suggestions here are great.  That's a nice gesture that she'll remember.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Making A Wine Basket For A Co Worker That Is Retiring Can You Share What To Put In the Bas

[ Edited ]

I would for sure get her a gift card to a local wine store.  She may have one expensive bottle of wine she has always wanted to try, and would like to splurge!  I'd write a cute card about get the wine of your dreams and live it up or something like that, put it in a pretty bottle bag with the gift card and give that to her.  Maybe say on the card "You HAD to get up; you HAD to go to meetings; you HAD to put up with all of us" etc. etc. sort of humerous, and "Now go have fun with this gift card and think about all those things you CAN do now!"

I think for $60, that would be the best way to go.  She could do something exciting, or get wine that she loves. 

Respected Contributor

foil cutter.  Foldable Discs for stopping wine drips.Neck rings to stop drips down bottle

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Dark chocolate and cocktail napkins or coasters.

Honored Contributor

Sooner wrote:

I would for sure get her a gift card to a local wine store.  She may have one expensive bottle of wine she has always wanted to try, and would like to splurge!  I'd write a cute card about get the wine of your dreams and live it up or something like that, put it in a pretty bottle bag with the gift card and give that to her.  Maybe say on the card "You HAD to get up; you HAD to go to meetings; you HAD to put up with all of us" etc. etc. sort of humerous, and "Now go have fun with this gift card and think about all those things you CAN do now!"

I think for $60, that would be the best way to go.  She could do something exciting, or get wine that she loves. 

i like that idea.

i also like getting her a nice wine carrier instead of putting items into a basket and then putting a wine/liquor store gift card inside. that way she can buy the wine or wines she enjoys drinking....or splurging on something she may want to try.

you know she likes wine, but you dont really know her dietary likes or dislikes.

there are lots of interesting wine carriers available.....

http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/34301242208426p?$478$

https://productimages.thepicnicworld.com/8e/379218.jpg

http://cdn3.volusion.com/vuevg.sunkw/v/vspfiles/photos/PAA-411-AGB-1.jpg?1408621539

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein