Honored Contributor

I Always Put Ice Cream In The Microwave

I just love it softened just so but not too melted (number of seconds depends upon how much is left in the container), it's the perfect creamy texture and it just tastes so much better to me. Had it for dessert tonight and it's just Heaven. I put frozen yogurt in the microwave too.

I eat ice cream year round, not just in the Summer. Ultimate treat is microwaved hot fudge sauce on top of microwaved vanilla ice cream.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Re: I Always Put Ice Cream In The Microwave

I do it too!  It is delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Once I attempted fried ice cream that was delicious at a Mexican restaurant. It seemed easy:vanilla ice cream scoops rolled in honey and cinnamon. But Fried???

I don’t remember what I did, but it was a puddle!

Then there was the time I made baked Alaska for my parents anniversary.......

Esteemed Contributor

I,too, nuke my ice cream but I also nuke my frozen orange juice.  Just take the lid of, put entire can in microwave and do it (I do 30 seconds at a time).

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I put a tiny bit of half and half.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Both my son and I microwave our ice cream, too.  I also microwave a handful of M&Ms for about 30 seconds or so. Nice and melty on the inside. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to learn I'm not the only one who likes softened and creamy ice cream! I just scoop it out in a dish and let it sit for a few minutes, but I may try the microwave method for a few seconds! Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I microwave it for 10 to 15 seconds to get it easier to scoop.

Trusted Contributor

First, I run hot water from the tap over the scoop. Gets the scoop very warm and ready to release a ball of ice cream. A warm scoop enables easy pickup of ice cream and transfer from container to bowl. 

Once I have two nice scoops, not too big, in the bowl, I give it 9-10 seconds in the microwave. Soft, but not soupy. I love Neopolitan, so it’s nicer for mushing the 3 flavors together a bit. Add a teensy shot of whipped cream and one light shake of sprinkles and I am ready for bliss.  

I eat this with a long “ice tea” spoon.  The bowl of that spoon is narrower so it doesn’t pick up too big a load. The treat lasts longer and there is less chance of brain freeze. 

I’m so glad I found others who nuke their ice cream. My family thinks I am nuts “cooking” food meant to be cold. I can’t convince them that the ice cream doesn’t get hot. They say Duh. I say Aaah. 

Super Contributor

Yes, I agree. I love it too, exactly as you described.