Esteemed Contributor

Hummus what flavor should I try?

I've never had hummus before. I want to try some organic hummus from Aldi's but I have no idea which flavor I should try.

any suggestions?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Hummus what flavor should I try?

My favorites are the olives and the red peppers.

Honored Contributor

Start with plain, and work your way into other flavors like olive and red pepper

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That kind of depends on what your preferences are.  I don't know what flavors they come in but I love it and I have tried sun dried tomato, garlic and lemon, plain, black olive, and chocolate.  I don't ever try anything spicy hot because I know I don't like spicy hot.  Maybe start with the plain to see if you like the texture.  Many people don't.  

Honored Contributor

hummus is very easy to make on your own AND it tastes so good with fresh lemon and olive oil.

if i am buying hummus, i prefer the plain or the roasted garlic.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Roasted Red Pepper is my favorite, but I'll eat any flavor.  I love hummus!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

If you ever have time, make your own with garbanzo beans you cook from dried.  It is wonderful!  Oil and lemon and pepper are my favorites, plus the garlic! 

Trusted Contributor

I love hummus and just had red pepper last night. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just prefer plain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love roasted red pepper, roasted garlic or plain. I prefer Boarshead because it doesn't have citric acid which upsets my stomach. If you're not bothered by citric acid, Sabra is O.K. I love dipping fresh Naan in it.