Honored Contributor

Re: Huh? Does this mean U can't buy this product any more?

@SharkE, I too love the recipe on the can of Libby's pumpkin.  One can per pie and use a deep dish crust.

Respected Contributor

My stores carry both the pie filling and the canned pimpkin all year round.  But depending on where you live and demand it sounds to me like some stores may only stock the pie filling as a fall seasonal product.  Have you asked your store why they are not carrying the pie filling?  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

My stores carry both the pie filling and the canned pimpkin all year round.  But depending on where you live and demand it sounds to me like some stores may only stock the pie filling as a fall seasonal product.  Have you asked your store why they are not carrying the pie filling?  

I doubt if anyone at the store level has an idea or can have an input on what is carried in the store,

Honored Contributor

all  I was told it was a bad crop guess they can furnish the plain pumpkin but the darker is to hard for the Walmart to handle LOL got to do where their warehouse is located, etc. To complicated for me to much politics.

I'm glad I found it in the Sav a Lot store.

Started buying the King Arthur flour since Gold Medal is suppose to have E coli /buggy , etc.  My sister is buying White Lilly brand.

Honored Contributor

FAR OT- when my beloved Granddoggy was adopted, he had HORRIFIC allergies and intestinal problems, and the ultimate "cure" was plain canned pumpkin!!

Straightened everything out, as it were. 

This is sweet doggy was one of the worst examples of puppy mill breeding I've ever seen, and has a heart of pure gold. 

It it was his s arrival that tipped us off to the pumpkin shortage, which I think started a couple summers ago. His "cure" was so complete that we almost had to resort to "black market" pumpkin, but fortunately, not quite.

Honored Contributor

WoW !

Honored Contributor

violann wrote:

FAR OT- when my beloved Granddoggy was adopted, he had HORRIFIC allergies and intestinal problems, and the ultimate "cure" was plain canned pumpkin!!

Straightened everything out, as it were. 

This is sweet doggy was one of the worst examples of puppy mill breeding I've ever seen, and has a heart of pure gold. 

It it was his s arrival that tipped us off to the pumpkin shortage, which I think started a couple summers ago. His "cure" was so complete that we almost had to resort to "black market" pumpkin, but fortunately, not quite.

We've been giving Ru pumpkin for a few years now.  I put a spoonful in his breakfast each morning.   I also give him his glucosamine/condr/msm in his breakfast - opening the capsules and pouring the med in there, spoonful of pumpkin, splash of warm water, and mix it all up in his dry food. 

Not only is it good for him, he LOVES it.

But here's the thing - when that shortage problem started, I started buying my year's worth as soon as it came out in the early fall.  I buy the 15oz cans for him, because a 15oz can lasts a little over a week so the 29oz cans were just too large to keep fresh after opened.   I buy as many cans as I will need for this purpose, for the bird's birdie bread, and other uses, for the entire year and I don't have to worry about not being able to get it when I need it.  So far, this has worked very well.  Smiley Happy