Honored Contributor

Re: Huh? Does this mean U can't buy this product any more?

Honestly, preparing pumpkin custard filling from scratch is SO easy using the recipe on the can, and SO much better than the prepared filling.

When you make it from scratch, take a tip from my mama and add a splash of vanilla. Maks a BIG difference!

Honored Contributor

LOL Ok

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah, Sat. I made it with sweetened condensed milk in a recipe I found online it was pretty good. Doubled it for my deep dish pie pan.

Just liked the color and spices in the other. LOL

@SharkE

I get that! After all, we 'taste' food with our eyes first, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, my gut is there to grab every calorie.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so tired of always having to cut back LOL

I'm old can't I enjoy 1 thing----eating.............NO OOOOOOOOOO !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

Last season's pumpkin crop was affected and there is a shortage of canned pumpkin. 

There were many news stories about this at the time and consumers were told to stock up if they intended to consume canned pumpkin year round.

There are many news stories about this that you can google.

Hopefully this year's harvest will be better.

Honored Contributor

For sure.

don't know why that rep would tell me to just buy it online it was like she was saying they weren't going to have it any more, period. 

Hard to get a straight answer from anybody any more. She could had

said "temporary situation due to the pumpkin shortage" will be back eventually, but, she never said it was going to be temporary.

Weird.

Respected Contributor

It would be walmart's fault and not Libby's if it isn't available. Walmart is terrible. They stop carrying items that are not huge sellers, bit by bit, selection grows more and more limited.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

For sure.

don't know why that rep would tell me to just buy it online it was like she was saying they weren't going to have it any more, period. 

Hard to get a straight answer from anybody any more. She could had

said "temporary situation due to the pumpkin shortage" will be back eventually, but, she never said it was going to be temporary.

Weird.

Its really not weird..She probably just sincerely wanted to help you get the filling..That is what you were asking for., right?. She must know that it is up to individual stores to order and stock it, and you said yours did NOT..Obviously it still exists, since there is a place you can positively  get it, which she was nice enough to tell you about.. She also advised you to talk to your store manager which was also good advice..

you might be more likely to see it on store shelves around the holidays, perhaps...

Valued Contributor

I usually buy Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix product at WM too. Found it with no problem last season. Haven't looked for it this year, yet.    

WM is also known for having products one week and not having them the next week. It's really annoying.  

I've noticed Kroger becoming the same way.   They've done a remodel at one of their stores in my area. Some tried and true products are no longer carried.

My last resort, in my area, for some products that WM and Kroger don't carry anymore is a small little grocery called Foodfair.

Honored Contributor

I thought the answer was very helpful.  Food companies can't control what the stores buy, obviously.  Whenever I lose a food item from a local store, I check Amazon.  Some even ship free with a prime membership.  Certain companies, like Paul Newman, will ship products remarkably cheaply.  When I lost my favorite spaghetti sauce from them, I just ordered directly.