Honored Contributor

Huh? Does this mean U can't buy this product any more?

Thank you for contacting Libby's® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix.

I know that it can be frustrating when you are not able to locate your favorite products.

I recommend that you talk to your local retailer and request they carry the product regularly, or ask them to special order it for you.

We have partnered with companies called "My Brands" and "Net Grocer" for hard to find favorite products. Their prices are typically a little higher than a retail store and they sometimes require a minimum purchase; however, they specialize in hard-to-find products, and can ship directly to your home. You may place an order with My Brands via their toll free number 1-888-281-6400 or at My Brands. You may contact Net Groceronline to place an order.

We appreciate your interest and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

Have nice day!

Nereida Garcia
Libby's® Brand Ambassador

Honored Contributor

Re: Huh? Does this mean U can't buy this product any more?

It's always been on the shelf at Walmart is she trying to say that now it will just be available if you pay a fortune for it and order online?

wonder why (I did write her back) they would take it off the shelf ?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

It's always been on the shelf at Walmart is she trying to say that now it will just be available if you pay a fortune for it and order online?

wonder why (I did write her back) they would take it off the shelf ?

"I recommend that you talk to your local retailer and request they carry the product regularly, or ask them to special order it for you."

She says to ask your local retailer to carry it, so it must be available for local retailers to do so, yours has chosen not too.  Perhaps Libby's wouldn't agree to whatever price Walmart was demanding from them?  I would check other local grocers.  She was just making you aware that if you cannot find it locally, the you do have the option of buying it on-line.

Honored Contributor

sheesh they carry the regular pumpkin the light orange stuff, don't know why they can't carry the other can.

another thing I will have to do without probably . sheesh............

If she answers me I'll post. Walmarts have gone to seed. Mine hasn't had Gold Medal flour on the shelf for over a month , now, I went to the Mgr. and said "what's up with basic Gold Medal"? she said "It was recalled"

sheesh again.............I started buying King Arthur. Now, going into the Fall can't buy my **** pumpkin. I can't get my yeast either I bought a whole box of Platinum yeast when I was in Santa Fe and threw in freezer. It's like living in war times any more . Poor husband can't get Tropicana Blueberry Promagranate juice either, he's miffed about that have to buy a cheaper brand.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread reminded me that I had a very hard time finding this Libby's pie mix last Thanksgiving.  I had to go to several stores to finally find it. Why would they all carry the can of  Libby's pumpkin but not the complete pie filling?  I thought it was so strange.

Honored Contributor

Exactly ! I'm gonna try again when I go to the Walmart store Thurs.

I'll try United store Mon.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

sheesh they carry the regular pumpkin the light orange stuff, don't know why they can't carry the other can.

another thing I will have to do without probably . sheesh............

If she answers me I'll post. Walmarts have gone to seed. Mine hasn't had Gold Medal flour on the shelf for over a month , now, I went to the Mgr. and said "what's up with basic Gold Medal"? she said "It was recalled"

sheesh again.............I started buying King Arthur. Now, going into the Fall can't buy my **** pumpkin. I can't get my yeast either I bought a whole box of Platinum yeast when I was in Santa Fe and threw in freezer. It's like living in war times any more . Poor husband can't get Tropicana Blueberry Promagranate juice either, he's miffed about that have to buy a cheaper brand.

It is not Walmart's fault the flour was recalled.  It went out of the KC plant with ecoli in it.  WM gave my mom a new bag of flour and she didn't even have the receipt.  No questions asked type of deal.  You surely wouldn't want them to sell you contaminated flour!

Honored Contributor

didn't know anything about the E coli thing. They never told me about why it was recalled.

Looks like they could get it re done in this length of time.

Please don't start a flame. I'm tired of asking a innocent question and the mods have to poof it.

Honored Contributor

All you have to do is buy the regular pumpkin and add the spices to make the pumpkin pie mix, the recipe is on the can of plain pumpkin.

I always make mine this way, as you can control the spices, which is handy if you favor one spice more/less than another.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Sat. I made it with sweetened condensed milk in a recipe I found online it was pretty good. Doubled it for my deep dish pie pan.

Just liked the color and spices in the other. LOL