New Contributor

How to take care of my Temptations Cookware so it doesn't crack

I started collecting Temptations Cookware but I'm a little confused about something. I have read the reviews about Temptations cracking in the oven and I want to avoid that. I know your suppose to put a cold Temptations baker with cold food in the oven and let the oven heat up with the cookware. How about when baking a cake and the cake box tells you to preheat oven first. If I have room temperature cake mix in a room temperature Temptations baker can I put it in a preheated oven with no problem? I want to take care of my Temptations properly especially since sometime I have to send it back to Qvc at least once before I get one that has a decent paint job, glazing, or chipped problem. I wish they would fix those problems already. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Thank you everyone for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: How to take care of my Temptations Cookware so it doesn't crack

I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent the cracking and breaking. I think this is a quality control issue with the product itself, and nothing you do will make a difference.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with RedTop.

Trusted Contributor

All those cakes Tara brings out of the oven in Temp-T - why not try baking a cake in the cold un-pre-heated oven sometime? Just not for a birthday or big event. Do a test run - & if it works, you can eat cake!

Super Contributor

if they have well quality then there is no issue

Respected Contributor

I have baked with Temptations and I don't take any precautions.

I preheat oven, bake like normal. I have had no issues.

The two pieces I use the most are Tara's Garden 9x13 and an Old World 10x10.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

I also agree with Redtop the first poster. The problem is with Tempations in the majority of cases of breaking or cracking. I have had two pieces break while cooking. Both times I followed the instructions to put the pan in the oven first then turn on. Over the years I have owned many other baking dishes and never had an issue. I purchased Temptation because the dishes were pretty but they are not durable. Now I use them as serving pieces instead.......cleaning the oven after the two that broke while cooking is NOT an experience that I want to deal with again.
Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 White Dragonfly said:

I started collecting Temptations Cookware but I'm a little confused about something. I have read the reviews about Temptations cracking in the oven and I want to avoid that. I know your suppose to put a cold Temptations baker with cold food in the oven and let the oven heat up with the cookware. How about when baking a cake and the cake box tells you to preheat oven first. If I have room temperature cake mix in a room temperature Temptations baker can I put it in a preheated oven with no problem? I want to take care of my Temptations properly especially since sometime I have to send it back to Qvc at least once before I get one that has a decent paint job, glazing, or chipped problem. I wish they would fix those problems already. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Thank you everyone for your help.

That right there is all the reason you need to look for another brand of ovenware!

Respected Contributor

Very interesting to hear your thoughts. I watched the shows the other day and was so tempted, but did not order because I had read this before. It is so beautiful but I am not going to try it, will stick with Pyrex. It is nice to hear some of you have had no problems. Happy Mother's Day!Smile

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Too risky because of quality, I use mine only for serving.