Honored Contributor

How to roast a turkey... on tap for now if you want!

Although we each have our own special way of enjoying turkey, here are some pages from my tried and true... I'm not BRAGGING!  This is the only thing I cook! LOL

Please dissect and use whatever info you would need today to suit your method... it is just here for you.  The last page is missing... it is the last page of the oyster stuffing/dressing. (I have never stuffed a turkey with it)

Front cover of book:

turkey p 1.jpgTurkey p 2.jpgturkey p 3.jpgturkey p 4.jpg

Happy cooking!  Notice that this recipe is from "back in the day" when they liked to load things up with real cream and real butter!  YUM!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: How to roast a turkey... on tap for now if you want!

DD is cooking a turkey for the first time and she is asking questions... so I am in the process of answering text messages as she goes along!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you too @LTT1 and your DD family!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe  I am wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving too and thank you!  This is my FIRST RETIREMENT THANKSGIVING!  It is the best way to prepare a large meal... having DH do the "doing" part and I'm doing the "thinking" part!

Respected Contributor

My family will have our turkey dinner on Saturday -- it's the DIL's family's turn to have it today.  DH and I are preparing now to grill some bodacious steaks for ourselves, and we will be grateful.  Woman Happy   

I just wanted to take this time to thank all the Recipe participants for their shared recipes, tips and help throughout this year.  It is my theory that 'foodies' generally have generous spirits, and y'all are evidence to it.  

Happy Thanksgiving to All of You!

--Mrs. G. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

My family will have our turkey dinner on Saturday -- it's the DIL's family's turn to have it today.  DH and I are preparing now to grill some bodacious steaks for ourselves, and we will be grateful.  Woman Happy   

I just wanted to take this time to thank all the Recipe participants for their shared recipes, tips and help throughout this year.  It is my theory that 'foodies' generally have generous spirits, and y'all are evidence to it.  

Happy Thanksgiving to All of You!

--Mrs. G. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you Mrs. G . . . enjoy those lovely steaks tonight and have a great time with your family on Saturday!

I very much look forward to reading your delicious recipes during the holiday season and into 2016 . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach, THANK YOU for taking the time to do this for us! I used Helen Corbitt's suggestions and my Bird was beautiful! I brined and put herbilicious ( a new adjective I just created) compound butter and put it under the skin. I would love to see if anybody is selling copies of this book on EBay: I bet there are many gems in those pages. Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2

I hope your "bird" was delicious... there may be copies still being sold in circulation!

My Retirement goal is to prepare more food at home!