Not applicable

How to clean black marks or smoke spots burned on enamel pans

How do I remove black marks on enamel pans that has been caused by smoke from burnt foods in the pans of the eyes of the stove? I haven't found anything, even barkeepers.

New Contributor

Re: How to clean black marks or smoke spots burned on enamel pans

Bar Keepers was the first thing that came to mind, what about Mr. Clean magic eraser?

Honored Contributor

QVC used to sell a British product called ASTONISH. I used to sell antique enamelware and used this product to get rid of a hundred years of crud, even paint spots. It was wonderful and didn't scratch the enameled surface.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Those sponges that are sold everywhere where when they are wet they are soft and when they are dry they are hard.

Those things are better than the Mr. Clean sponges. However, one thing about the Mr. Clean sponges.

Years ago when my granddaughter was 2 years old (she's now 11) was over my house she decided to take a thick black magic marker (the kind that is very permanent) and cover my maple coffee table. I couldn't believe it!

I thought, "What do you have to loose?" I got out the Mr. Clean sponge (the white one) and dampened it (not real wet). I started scrubbing, thinking the table was ruined!.

Guess what? The entire black came off and it didn't damage the wood at all! I quickly wiped off the liquid (water).

The table is as good as new.