Contributor

How to EASILY roast garlic (drool)... without an oven

Yum.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} From Chef Fabio Viviani:

Culinary tips:
-Microwave ovens vary in power; be sure to stay close by when making this recipe for the first time in order to avoid burning your garlic.
-Don't peel the cloves: simply remove the papery skin that comes off with ease.

/><span class=Make roasted garlic in minutes!

QUICK-ROASTED GARLIC
Recipe by Fabio Viviani
Yield: 1 head of roasted garlic

Ingredients:
1 head garlic, peeled of excess outer-layer skin
3-4 tbsp. warm water
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper

Method:
Place the head of garlic, root-side up, in a very small microwave-safe bowl. We recommend Pyrex.
Top with enough water to cover about 2/3 of the head, then drizzle with olive oil.
Season the mixture with a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 ½ minutes. Pay attention to avoid burning!
Carefully remove from the microwave, and remove the plastic wrap. CAUTION: Both the bowl and its contents will be very hot.
Flip the bulb over, cover again with plastic wrap, and cook on high for another 2 to 2 ½ minutes. Carefully remove from microwave and set aside to cool.
Slice the head of garlic in half, exposing the softened cloves, and use as desired.

MANGIA!

Trusted Contributor

Re: How to EASILY roast garlic (drool)... without an oven

This sounds easy and yummy. I just love roasted Garlic.

Respected Contributor

That does look easy.  I generally buy a couple bags at Costco and roast it and mash and freeze.    Another small town issue, not being able to find decent produce year round.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Great tip feline, thanks!

We go through a lot of garlic as well.  I buy the bags of peeled garlic from BJs.  I roast the cloves and put them in everything.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.