Valued Contributor

Re: How often do you put up clean dish towels/cloths in your kitchen?

At least once a day if not more often! The dishwasher does the majority of the work, but I do some pots by hand and can't stand to use a dishtowel for hand drying - use paper towels!

The sponge goes in dishwasher daily or the microwave or toss!

Super Contributor

When I feel they are dirty. I use the flour sack towels.

Honored Contributor

I keep two towels on the handles of my double oven. One is for drying those few things that are washed by hand; the other is just for wiping hands after washing them. I don't use them for anything else, so I don't see any need to wash them daily. I have three of each, and I put a set in the wash twice a week with a load of laundry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Every couple of days but I do have a dishwasher. I love the dish towels from Anthropologie, so it's fun changing them out for different designs.

I love the dish towels from Anthropologie, too. I only have one but would love to have more.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I change my kitchen towels and wash cloths at least once per day. I'm meticulous when it comes to cleanliness. I also don't mind doing laundry.

Honored Contributor

I don't change them out every day. Most of the time they are just used for wiping clean hands dry or for moving hot pans. I have at least 25-30 kitchen towels in all. I don't use them to wash dishes or wipe counters and the things I wash by hand are left to air dry 90% of the time. If I do towel dry dishes I use a clean one from the drawer.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Ladyjenn said:

I love Costco kitchen towels, have a huge pack of them....wash them every few days. They are so soft.

Good to know, thanks. I change most every day. Sometimes use two a day, depending on how much cooking.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Ladyjenn said:

I love Costco kitchen towels, have a huge pack of them....wash them every few days. They are so soft.

I love them too, they last forever. I don't even know how many sets I've bought, some have eventually been donated to the garage for use.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I don't use kitchen towels. They harbor germs when you wipe your hands with them. Only use paper towels.

Respected Contributor

On 2/12/2015 NickNack said:
On 2/9/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Every couple of days but I do have a dishwasher. I love the dish towels from Anthropologie, so it's fun changing them out for different designs.

I love the dish towels from Anthropologie, too. I only have one but would love to have more.

I picked up a really pretty one the other day with a spring design on it. With this very cold winter, it was a nice reminder that Spring is on its way.

They are kind of pricey but what surprised me is that I don't have to iron them. They come out of the dryer looking pristine.Smile