Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you eat a green vegetable?

almost every day, sometimes twice a day.

it is rare that a day doesnt go by that i eat a salad or leafy greens......iceburg, romaine, spring mix, arugula, or spinach.

i also try to do one green vegetable a day......usually either broccoli, green beans, peas,  or brussel sprouts, cabbage, cucumbers (are they considered a green vegetable?), asparagus.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

DH and I eat spinach every day.  If not in salads, we add spinach instead of lettuce to sandwiches.

Trusted Contributor

Twice a day. Always have a salad for lunch - with our protien for dinner always serve a salad and veggie with it.

Luckily our kids love most veggies too

Honored Contributor

hopi wrote:

I have good intentions at every meal.

Does that count?

@hopi***Especially if the jelly beans are green!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I eat multiple greens every day, because I almost always have a big salad for lunch. Then of course I serve some vegetables with dinner. I've always preferred veggies to meat.  When we were little, my brother and I would swap the food on our plates when mom wasn't looking. I always took his vegetables and he took my meat. As adults we still have those same preferences, lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Once a month- salad or broccoli.

Respected Contributor

I'd love to eat more salad but it's not really something that looks good in the grocery store.   Sometimes the bagged looks better.

We don't eat enough, but there's not too many green veggies I don't like.   Hubby's not convinced tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

My ma believed the TOP items on The Food Pyramid were the most important........so we had lots of sugar and fat.

I've improved my habits.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I eat a green vegetable almost every day.  I love green beans, broccolli, and cabbage and peas (if they count).  I love almost all vegetables if they are cooked.  I don't care for them raw as much.

I also eat lots of cooked carrots and cawliflower.  We also eat spinach occasionally if it is in a recipe.  I don't like plain cooked spinach.

Valued Contributor

Daily.

Vitamix smoothie with spinach.  Salad for lunch. Two veggies/salad at supper, one has to be green for color balance.  

We've been eating frozen cauliflower from Costco, it's 4 colors and organic. I hope they keep selling it.

Avocado is a must have on hand.