Valued Contributor

How long to cook thin pork chops in air fryer

I have a very basic air fryer that I've never used. Thought I'd finally give it a try and cook some boneless thin pork chops I have in it. Would really appreciate suggestions on how long I should cook them and at what temperature. This particular fryer has a maximum temp of 395. Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: How long to cook thin pork chops in air fryer

@qualityshopper  Your air fryer didn't come w/a recipe booklet?

If not, look up your brand/model on the WWW to find recipes for it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

For half inch thick boneless chops about 5 minutes on one side,

4 or so on other side...temp around 400 depending on your fryer.  They get done very quickly.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whenever I am unsure on what temperature or how long to cook anything in my air fryer, which is frequently. I Google to find the correct info. So far it has not steered me wrong.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Ugh..........pork chops.  I can never figure out how to cook them other than Shake N Bake. Enjoy yours!

Trusted Contributor

@cindyNC   I love Shake and Bake on my pork chops and they cook great in the air fryer.

Honored Contributor

I think 400* is good, but I would start out with only 2 or 3 minutes per side . Remember that meat continues to cook after the heat is off--- I just cooked a regular thickness,3/4 inch, chops for the recommended time at  400*  and they were over cooked--I think it was 4-5 minutes per side--I would take them out after the first side is done, cut into them and if they are pinkish, I'd say they would be prefect after sitting a bit. And pork can be pink now days too--not rare but ....pinkish.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualityshopper - I agree with the advice provided by @wagirl. And for what it's worth, I've been surprised that the primary function of my air fryer has become cooking meats; it's amazing how well they turn out and how little smell/smoke is emitted compared to cooking on a grill pan.

The Blue Jean Chef has some excellent air fryer cookbooks, if you're interested, but if you'd like some of her air fryer tips and recipes for free, visit this page on her website (and there's a link to a download-able air fryer cooking chart about halfway down):

https://bluejeanchef.com/cooking-school/collections/air-fryer/

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac --I thoroughly read my manual. It had suggested cooking times, as well as some recipes. Unfortunately, the suggested time and temp for pork chops was just a general one. It didn't get into how to adjust depending on the thickness.

Valued Contributor

@icezeus --I didn't get so lucky when I googled. I did find some answers, but they varied quite a bit, which left me still unsure how long and what temp. For example, I saw some suggestions to set the fryer at 400. Well, mine doesn't even go up that high. Of course, I don't think that would be a good temp for thin chops anyway, but that's just my opinion.