Valued Contributor

Re: How do you reuse leftovers?? I'll start and you add on, lets keep it going!!

Same with the leftover rice, Barbara.

I also roast lots of veggies around here, and anything leftover goes on pizza the next day or into pasta sauce.

Valued Contributor

Re: How do you reuse leftovers?? I'll start and you add on, lets keep it going!!

Same with the leftover rice, Barbara.

I also roast lots of veggies around here, and anything leftover goes on pizza the next day or into pasta sauce.

Trusted Contributor

I have pledged to start this year with a clean slate so I am trying to use up a lot of the contents of my freezer. Today I took out some chopped up ham leftover from the holidays and made a ham and cheddar quiche.

I will defrost a chuck roast this weekend and make a balsamic pot roast and the next night we'll have either beef sandwiches or beef and mushroom soup.

Esteemed Contributor

Leftover homemade biscuits from dinner last nite I split in half and topped with a scrambled egg and a little shredded cheese for breakfast.

Trusted Contributor

Corned beef is made into WONDERFUL Reubens.........A pork roast is served cold and sliced on rye bread with mayo and dill pickles with a splash of cayenne pepper hot sauce.......Also a corned beef dinner is smashed into a wonderful corned beef hash....Left over sausages and red links are served with mustard and sauerkraut........Left over steak.....make steak with cheese/eggs...........Leftover greens, makes a grits and greens casserole...........Leftover beef roast served with cooked noodles with a sour cream and freeze dried chive mixture, rice as fried rice, leftover grits, cut in rounds/squared and quick fried in butter, leftover broccoli made into broccoli cheddar soup........and this is just a few...........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

Leftover grilled tuna is tuna tacos with shredded cabbage and sour cream and cheese. Yummy!

Respected Contributor

My aunt keeps a "Soup Bucket" in the freezer. When she has a leftover veggie, she puts it in the bucket, layer by layer. When the bucket is full, she makes a pot of soup. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I had the second half of a batch of Beef Stout Stew in the freezer. We re-warmed it the other night, but still had some leftover. With a hot, crusty French baguette and a bottle of red wine, the stew will be delicious again tomorrow night, this time ladled over large, smashed baked potatoes.

And, Barbarainnc, my mother kept a soup bucket in her freezer, too. As a child, I despised it, thinking she was saving garbage. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} What I wouldn't give for a bowl of Mom's vegetable soup now.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Barbarainnc....love the "Soup Bucket"!...and fun thread for ideas. I have to laugh about leftovers. My DH was not raised eating leftovers (his dad's thing)......but, when we got married it was......leftovers or starve! HA! He loves all leftover meals now! (Does not like wasting money either.)
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/9/2014 Barbarainnc said:

My aunt keeps a "Soup Bucket" in the freezer. When she has a leftover veggie, she puts it in the bucket, layer by layer. When the bucket is full, she makes a pot of soup. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I do something similar for my chili. It's usually Everything But The Kitchen Sink chili so no 2 pots are the same.

Great way to use leftover beef, ground turkey, veggies or too ripe tomatoes/onions.