Honored Contributor

Re: How do you reuse leftovers?? I'll start and you add on, lets keep it going!!

Katey,

On average, I will have about 2 cups of mashed potatoes left over. I mash them with a fork, add 1 egg, a little more salt and pepper, and enough flour (1/4 - 1/2 cup) to make a good mixture---but not too stiff. Make into patties and fry in a butter/oil in a hot skillet. Sometimes I jazz them up a bit by adding chopped onion or any leftover grated cheese. I have even taken a small cube of Velveeta cheese, molded the potato patty around the cheese, pressed the patty into seasoned bread crumbs, and then fried the patty. Regardless of whether they're plain or jazzed, we love them hot and golden brown. Thank you for asking for my recipe.

RedTop

Super Contributor

Re: How do you reuse leftovers?? I'll start and you add on, lets keep it going!!

I used the leftover taco meat for Spanish rice this weekend, with, of course, leftover rice. I still have left over rice, as cold rice is so versatile.

Trusted Contributor

I love a big pot roast made in the crock pot.

Leftovers become Quesadilla's the next day....grilled flour tortilla, with shredded cheese, onion etc. So quick & so good!

Contributor

I try to plan my menus around leftovers. A ham will be ham dinner, then soup, then omlettes and then maybe chopped up for ham salad sandwiches. A pork roast becomes pulled pork sandwiches. Left over chicken is chicken corn chowder, salads or Grands biscuits mini chicken pies ( google that recipe if you haven't tried it, delicious ) Once in a diner I had this meal that I've tried with left over meatloaf but it's not for the faint of heart. A piece of thick garlic bread on the plate, a slice of meat loaf on top of that then a scoop of mashed potatoes and cover the whole thing with gravy.