Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you like steak cooked? Are you and DH the same?

Both DH and myself like our steaks medium. We prefer bone in ribeyes.

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom likes syeak very well done, so that's how she made steaks when we were kids.  I would cut it into tiny pieces so I could swallow it whole.

When I lived in Kansas, I went to lunch with some coworkers.  The only thing on the menu was steak.  I ordered it well done.  A coworker changed it to medium rare and told me to never do that to a steak again.

I like my steaks medium rare.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My Mom likes syeak very well done, so that's how she made steaks when we were kids.  I would cut it into tiny pieces so I could swallow it whole.

When I lived in Kansas, I went to lunch with some coworkers.  The only thing on the menu was steak.  I ordered it well done.  A coworker changed it to medium rare and told me to never do that to a steak again.

I like my steaks medium rare.

That's a cute story... I agree with him or her... I don't eat steak often, but when I do, anything over medium rare is overcooked for me. I want my hamburgers well done, but not my steak...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Both my dh and I like our meat medium well. Anything pink? Can we all say salmonella?? Yuck.

Generally,  salmonella is VERY rare in beef, and almost non existent in a steak- in fact, regarding beef in particular, while e. coli, might be present on the SURFACE of meat, the muscle is too dense for it to travel..

GROUND beef is another story, becasue ground beef is where the exterior and interooir are mixed and come in contact with external contaminants  (like blades of improperly cleaned grinders)

salmonella is most likely to be present in chicken and eggs..

So eat what you like as far as doneness..a rare steak is unlikely ..VERY unlikely to cause salmonella...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We both like ours medium rare to medium. Don't like it rare & medium is too done. We like Filet Mignon & Ribeyes. Just bought a whole one of each & cut into steaks.

Honored Contributor

medium well

Honored Contributor

We are both 'medium well' so it works out great!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I do not eat red meat often but when I do I want a filet .  Mine is rare and if you listen carefull you may hear a faint Moo!

I love a good filet.

Honored Contributor

Rib eyes, medium for both hubby and myself. Preferably cooked on our outdoor grill. I love a good steak.
"To each their own, in all things".