Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you like steak cooked? Are you and DH the same?

Medium. Ribeye steaks are my favorite cut. Must be big! I like large steaks.

Respected Contributor

Not a steak fan.

Respected Contributor

We both like them rare/medium rare (preferably ribeye) - makes it easy to grill on the Opti-grill, we take them off when it hits rare and let them rest.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I like Porterhouse med well....

Trusted Contributor

"Make it moo!" I like it red. Get the grill cranked. Throw the room temperature steak on the grill. Turn it over. Take it off. Serve immediately.

DH likes his medium to medium well.

Honored Contributor

I am not much of a steak person.  But DH adores it!  He loves his medium rare.  Any meat I eat has to be very well done.  And I mean VERY WELL.  I can't order red meat out as it is invariably never done well enough for me.  

I prefer a hamburger to steak.  Back when I was young my mother would occasionally make steak -- it was seldom because it was considered a delicacy and expensive -- but I never had steak that was so good.  It spoiled me!  She would make it in a cast iron skilled and cook it so slow and made it with plenty of onions and mushrooms and gravy and by the time it was done, it melted in your mouth!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, if DH didn't like what I cooked, I gave him 5 bucks and told  him to go to McD's............

LOL, mine would have to use his own money.

We both like medium rare tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

My observations over a lifetime of eating out with others.....

Majority of people seem to like theirs "medium" in some way, medium rare seems to garner the most orders -medium well is in the most popular choices too

Those who don't seem to really like red meat, and are just ordering  it, maybe because it is a celebration or we are at a steakhouse, seem to order well done...My theory ( and its just a theory) is that perhaps that seems less"meat-like" for those who dont really care for it...

Very few people order it almost raw, like I do, I don't know why I like it like that, just seared on the outside and bloody on the inside, but I just always hve..My parents were "rare" meat eaters, amybe that's why..

For some reason, the rarer it is the  more it tastes like meat..on the occasions when I have had to endure a well done steak, (maybe at a BBQ for example)  it relly didnt have much taste to me, and eas so chewy, and really needed some type of sauce, in my opinion...

The perfect BBQ celebration  IMHO, would be to have  a variey of folks with a variety of tastes, so that the rarest steaks have  a home as well as the most well done ones- that way nothing goes to waste!

Honored Contributor

Both my dh and I like our meat medium well. Anything pink? Can we all say salmonella?? Yuck.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

Medium rare - it's already dead - you don't have to kill it again.