Contributor

Re: How do you eat YOUR burger..........

White bun, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, cheese, mushrooms, pickles, avacado, mustard and ketchup. Yum-o!

Super Contributor

I don't generally buy ground meat of any kind, preferring to make my own. (Used to use meat grinder, now I do in food processor. Soft frozen meat, pulse in small amounts. 6 pulses for chili cut; 10 pulses for burgers, meatballs, and the like; 14 for steak tartare. Came from a home where we never had store bought ground meat.

Ground beef blend is made with boneless short ribs, brisket and either sirloin or chuck. Equal parts of each. I take about 8 - 12 oz of this and grind further (food processor) for steak tartare for myself for two meals.

To the rest, I add soft frozen fat from rib roast - a good 15 or 20 %. If cooking as a burger, I grill for about a minute on each side on very hot grill. I like my meat crying for mercy. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

On occasion, I actually eat Bubba Burgers, but cooked very rare.

Respected Contributor

Boca,Morningstar Grilled,Garden burger...open-faced on 1/2 a flatout everything round;topped with various cheese,pickles, chopped onion, various mustard or mayo,and sometimes slaw. If I want to get crayZ,I bake onion rings and put it on instead of fresh ones!

Black bean burger topped with us Jack cheese,jalapenos,ranchdressing/salsa blend...no bun...sometimes in a lettuce "bun".

Respected Contributor

I probably only eat 3 or 4 hamburgers a year, but I like either a patty melt or mayo, ketchup, cheese, pickle, onion, tomato, and lettuce. Black bean burgers are a totally different category in my mind.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

Grilled (never fried) rare only, on a bun with lettuce, ketchup and mustard. Topped with caramelized onions and a wee bit of blue cheese. Grilled mushrooms are fine. But I won't eat it unless it's rare.

Same way I eat my steak. Put it on the grill to sear, turn it over for another sear, and then take it off.

I'm part vampire.

Super Contributor

Ground chuck hand formed patty about an inch thick with seasoned salt and fresh pepper on the grill........cooked medium with sharp cheddar added just before taking it off the grill......buns toasted......... Mustard, extra dill pickles, tomato slices, Bibb or green leaf lettuce........all make me happy and I wouldn't turn down sauté onions and mushrooms with a bit of garlic, red wine and butter but then I must have a knife, fork, and extra napkins...... I am now obsessing over a grilled burger......... And our grill is still covered for the winter........
Valued Contributor

On 2/23/2014 Mary Bailey said:

Fresh sliced mushrooms, topped with a slice of Swiss cheese, sometimes on a Wonder bread bun or sometimes with none.

for take-out: Portillo's cheese burger with everything and Extra pickles!

OMG.... I crave Portillo's Char-Broiled cheesebugers. I love a good cheeseburger and Portillo's are my favorite!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Super Contributor

On 2/23/2014 upsidedown said:

The beef can be 95/15...but no more than that....lightly grilled bun: lettuce, sliced red onion, yellow mustard, and dill pickle......no ketchup or cheese, please! I prefer no special seasonings....just s&p so I can enjoy the taste of the beef.....and no pink for me.

85/15 perhaps? I don't eat many burgers, but when I grill burgers at home I add in a little chopped onion, a dash of garlic salt and just S&P. I like mine medium-rare, then just traditional toppings. Ketchup, mustard, pickles (dill or sweet, doesn't matter, depends on my mood), fresh sliced red onion, crisp romaine lettuce, sometimes a thin swipe of mayo on a nice soft bun. The bun is key, it needs to be able to absorb the juices and flavors without falling apart, but can't be too chunky or stodgey. I think King's Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns are the perfect complement to a grilled burger. Yum! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Makes me want one now. The only other way I like my burgers is a mushroom-swiss but I don't make those at home.

ETA: How could I forget the slice of fresh tomato? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I don't. I am a vegetarian.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2014 Bungo said:

I don't. I am a vegetarian.

No veggie burgers even? I've had "burgers" with vegetarian friends, they usually grill portobello mushrooms and they were so good it was honestly almost as good to me as a real meat burger.