Honored Contributor

Re: How do you drink your coffee?

Most of the time, with MCT oil and stevia.  If I’m low on meeting my fat requirement for the day, I’ll make a decaf bulletproof..

Honored Contributor

Light with milk,no sugar. Can't  drink sweetened coffee or tea.

Valued Contributor

Black

Respected Contributor

Bold, dark and black.  Anything else added becomes dessert to me!  

Honored Contributor

You mean that there's more than one way to drink coffee?????????????

Strong and black and keep pouring. That's the way to drink coffee!:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

When I did drink it, ages ago, it was just black.   But I also went decaf at some point because caffeine makes bad things happen in my body.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't drink coffee and never have.  I think it tastes disgusting and can not see how anyone can drink it, even with milk and/or sugar.  I don't even like the smell.  I don't like coffee ice cream either.

I do drink hot tea though, so I am not totally cut out of the hot beverage drinking group of adults.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

With 2 percent milk sugar and spenda and its ice coffee. My wife to drinks it that way. I brew 2 pots at a time for ice coffee. I put sugar and spenda in it when its hot so it melts in it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like my coffee strong with a splash of vanilla soy milk, and a dash of cinnamon. It sounds strange, but I enjoy a cup while eating a banana every morning.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From about when I was 16-17 til Sept 2018 (I was 59), I added just Coffee-Mate. There was always enough sugar content to keep it sweet enough for me. I never added sugar all those years.

From Sept 2018 til about mid-Nov 2018, I was weaning myself off of Coffee-Mate and other non-dairy creamers like International Delight & Baily's too. Oy, it was painful, but I succeeded.

My fave coffee for years had been Newman's Own special blend and using the flavored creamers. 

Since then I have been using a variety of flavored coffees to replace the variety of flavors I used to get from the creamers. Thankfully that has been satisfying. I also have been using heavy whipping cream. My 1st coffee in the morning I usually add a pad of unsalted organic butter or MCT oil.

In 2 days...one of my New Year's resolutions, is to start drinking black coffee, cut my coffee consumption in half and drink more herbal tea than I have been. It is going to be one of my last adjustments on the new lifestyle change so I can finally reach my ultimate weight goal.

For those that already drink black coffee...kudos!

I know for myself, I have been testing the waters on this next venture and it's going to be painful for me...LOL

Currently, I am lucky if I can drink a half a cup of black coffee at any given time. It certainly is an acquired taste, but I am determined to make the necessary change. I will start the process slowly by making myself drink one cup of black coffee a day so the process doesn't drag out for months.

I also want to drink herbal/no caffine tea for the 1st half of the day. Currently I still drink a lot of coffee...5-6 cups a day and want to cut it down to 2-3. As for herbal tea, I usually only drank them after dinner/before bed.

Considering most of my life I drank 8-10 cups of coffee a day, that is a huge change.