Honored Contributor

How do you cook loin of pork?

It has been so long that I can't remember how I used to do it.

If anyone has a favorite method, please share.

Thank you so much. Smile

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you cook loin of pork?

My way is pretty simple. I season the pork loin with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and a little pepper. Put it in a 9 x 13 prepared baking pan. Cut up a few ribs of celery, a yellow onion, and a couple of carrots into chunks and place some on each side of the meat. If you only have baby carrots, that's fine - just take a handful or what you think would be the equivalent to the cut up carrots. Add just a small amount of water to the pan - maybe 1/2 cup. Refer to an online roasting chart for the appropriate amount of time to roast your cut or meat. When the roasting time has completed, take the roast and veggies out of the pan. Discard the veggies and let the meat rest on the cutting board while you make the gravy from the pan juices.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, JeanLouise. Have you ever done this in the slow cooker?

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

House_cat, I always do my pork loin in a slow cooker. I just throw an envelope of liptons onion-mushroom dry soup mix over it with some cut up celery and onion, then pour in a bit of water. Ialso toss in a bit of green pepper if I have any. Always good.
Super Contributor

I posted a great oven roasted Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin recipe a couple of months ago- it can also be made in the slow cooker..

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 house_cat said:

I've never made it that way.

Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I usually have to cook these things while I'm at church, because Mom and Dad like Sunday dinner around 1 o'clock. I have an oven with an auto start and shut off, but I don't like leaving it on while I'm not home if I can help it. I don't worry the same way about the crock pot. I think I'll give my slow cooker a try today and let you all know how it turns out.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Lillypadfrog and Stiltamin8r, thank you for posting. I didn't' see your posts when I first answered JeanLouise. I found a recipe for balsamic pork loin that I'm going to try in my slow cooker. Here it is if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We put ours in a nest of sauerkraut, sometimes with Apple chunks sometimes not, cover it with foil and S-L-O-W roast until it's almost done according to a meat thermometer, then remove foil so it will brown slightly for 1/2 an hour or so. Served with whipped potatoes, and thoroughly drained sauerkraut from the pan and an extra veggie if desired. Unsweetened applesauce on the side.
Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 house_cat said:
On 7/6/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I usually have to cook these things while I'm at church, because Mom and Dad like Sunday dinner around 1 o'clock. I have an oven with an auto start and shut off, but I don't like leaving it on while I'm not home if I can help it. I don't worry the same way about the crock pot. I think I'll give my slow cooker a try today and let you all know how it turns out.

I'll be waiting for your report. Smile When I was a kid, we always had our Sunday dinner when we got home from church, too. Mom just let the roast cook while we were gone.