Respected Contributor

Re: How do you cook loin of pork?

This time of year I marinate, slice into medallions and grill. YUM!!

I know what I am making for dinner{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

All the recipes sound mouthwatering..... Next time I go grocery shopping I will buy a pork loin..... My best friend's mom use to cook a loin roast with onion, garlic and mustard that was good growing up......wish I had her recipe too...
Trusted Contributor

I make mine in the slow cooker all the time & love it that way. Very tender & falls apart. Sometimes we use BBQ sauce, sometimes with a balsamic glaze, sometimes just seasoned with whatever spices I am in the mood for. So easy to prepare!

Esteemed Contributor

I love pork. Love!

For a 3 pound pork loin, I put it in a dutch oven with chopped celery, carrots, onions and garlic and a bay leaf. Add equal parts apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and unsalted stock to come up halfway. Cook on 300 until pets or DH lose their minds.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I made the balsamic crock pot recipe. I cooked it for 4 1/2 hours on high and it was wonderful! Of course there is lots left over, so tonight, DH and I had it reheated with bbque sauce and melted swiss cheese on toasted bread. It was scrum-dili-icious!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/6/2014 house_cat said:
On 7/6/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/5/2014 house_cat said:

Thank you, JeanLouise. Have you ever done this in the slow cooker?

I've never made it that way.

I usually have to cook these things while I'm at church, because Mom and Dad like Sunday dinner around 1 o'clock. I have an oven with an auto start and shut off, but I don't like leaving it on while I'm not home if I can help it. I don't worry the same way about the crock pot. I think I'll give my slow cooker a try today and let you all know how it turns out.

I'll be waiting for your report. Smile When I was a kid, we always had our Sunday dinner when we got home from church, too. Mom just let the roast cook while we were gone.

It's delicious and tender done in a slow cooker, but falls apart more easily. Great for shredded pork dishes like shredded BBQ, tacos, stews, pork and sauerkraut...if you want a firmer roast- spray cooker with PAM,add cut potato, onion, or carrot on the bottom of the slow cooker, place meat atop, and don't add any liquids. Tying the roast will help as well. Cook on low for about 8 hours (for about a 3 pounder).

I have cooked a whole pork loin and other roasts on the grill. Marinate the meat for a few hours in a teriyaki base or even just Italian dressing. Heat the grill until hot, sear the meat on all sides, then turn half the burners off and turn the rest to medium/low (Our grill has 3 burners, I turn off the left and keep the other two on). Place the meat where it isn't over direct heat, close grill cover and cook for a few hours (use a meat thermometer to check after and hour or so). This method isn't the quickest but my-oh-my is it good! I use a meat thermometer that sets outside the oven while the probe is in the meat. That way I'm not constantly opening the lid to check.