Frequent Contributor

How do steaks turn out in the NuWave?

The reviews have mixed opinions. Would love some other opinions.

Regular Contributor

Re: How do steaks turn out in the NuWave?

Gee, Id was really hoping someone would come forth and give you their honest opinion of how their steaks turned out because I bit the bullet and ordered the TSV! Can't wait for it to get here. (I haven't ordered a new kitchen "toy" in a verrrry looonnng time! )

Contributor

I have never made steaks in my nu wave. I do mainly pre package foods like chicken nuggets, French fries, potato skins. I have done prime rib that turns out great and a whole chicken that was good. I have never done anything from frozen. I like it because in Florida a hot oven heats up the house too much and with this there is no preheating.
Honored Contributor

Mine is on it's way !

Super Contributor

I do not have NuWave, but I do have Cook's Essential. I normally like my steak seared in a pan, but on those rare occasions where I feel like cooking the steak in this portable oven, I cook the steak in medium heat to my desired doneness (medium rare). But in the last 2 to 3 minutes, I crank the heat up to broil to give it a nice very golden brown color. I eat with my eyes. Smiley Surprised)

ETA: to correct spellings.... too early for this Socal gal.... Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

I've had a NU WAVE oven for over a year and have always had excellent results with any kind of meat. Although I must say, I have never cooked the meat from frozen.

Honored Contributor

Got mine yesterday. I really like the DVD they send with it they make it clear and pound home the points they want you to pay attention to. Unfortunately, I can't play with mine today when they were installing my sprinkler system they hit the water line, they fixed it, then, it blew at another place along the lines so I haven't had any water in the house since about 8 last nite, so, I'm trying not to P and drinking bottled water and heating up water in the microwave to brush teeth and wash face.

Such is the way my life goes..............

Honored Contributor

OK, water is back on, but, they hit the electric line leading to the garage, but, I don't go out there anyway leave that to husband to worry about.

I made a fresh chicken in the NuWave, and it was really good ! instead of 60 min. I let it go for 70 I like stuff really browned. Real happy so far with it.

New Contributor

Steaks turn out pretty good.We have had our nuwave for a long time.We cook whole chickens from frozen but it does take longer than we were told.Maybe an hour longer.

Occasional Contributor

I have had mine a couple months. I did steaks on it and they were great. I did steak tid bits also and they were great. It isn't like an outside grill but they were good. I haven't tried a whole chicken as I have a problem with smaller pieces getting done. They brown up nice but inside a bit red and that spooks me.

I have gone to you tube an watched all the help and ideas using foil which has been helpful. I am a follower not a leader when it comes to creative cooking. It is large so I leave it out and keep trying to use it when I take something out.

I just watched a guy make brownies from the box so I am going to try that and see how it goes. I think the baking takes much longer.

So far I am pretty happy with it and think the more I use it the better I like it especially not heating up my kitchen and it works pretty fast. Love to get my daughter one but she has a tiny kitchen.