Trusted Contributor

How did Jan MueIler make the vanilla ice cream in the Vitamix?

I keep missing the presentation

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How did Jan MueIler make the vanilla ice cream in the Vitamix?

I saw the presentation last night for making ice cream.

First he froze 2% milk in an ice cube tray. Then he poured about an inch of 2% milk in the Vitamix container and added a little sugar and vanilla. He dumped the whole tray of frozen milk cubes into the Vitamix container and turned it on until the mix was creamy and solid.

He didn't give any other directions, but it looked easy to do.

Honored Contributor

The recipe in the Vitamix cookbook uses ice cubes, which never use. I use frozen fruit, some simple syrup and milk. Sometimes I add yogurt. You need to use the tamper constantly and don't add too much liquid. Frozen fruit goes in first and enough liquid for it to just barely clear the blades. When I make it you have to scoop it out, it will not pour out of the container.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

This is the one on Q's website. If you key in Item Number K41984 (Sunday's TSV), there is a link to recipes which is how I found this one.

Vanilla Ice Cream

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cold half and half
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 lbs of 2% milk frozen ice cubes

Directions:

Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.

Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. In about 30–40 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and 4 mounds should form.

Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.

Recipe provided by Vitamix.

Esteemed Contributor

I finally ordered a Vitamix yesterday - I'll read the recipe book from cover to cover - but if you have any great dishes you've created - please post them!

Honored Contributor

When you get your Vitamix give it a good try. I returned my first one and later regretted it so I bought another one. (both QVC/TSV) I think I paid more the second time! I use it quite a bit and plan to use it even more. I must try the soup soon.

Respected Contributor

Hey, this sounds like how I used to make my smoothies until I learned to add more liquid and less solids and ice/frozen fruit. Smoothie/fruit ice cream is healthy if you have all the right ingredients. It is just healthy ice cream with protein powder and fruit with just a bit of almond/coconut milk or Greek yogurt. I still make them that way in the summer for a refreshing start to the day!

Valued Contributor

I made the soup and it was wonderful....whole family was impressed...lol

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Lots of recipes on the Vitamix website (including ice cream, several recipes) as well as other bloggers like blenderlady.com Just google vitamix recipes.

I'd love to hear what some of the favorite Vitamix recipes are from this group as well. Mine shipped today--I can't wait to use it!!

Valued Contributor

thank you for the recipe. I can't wait to make it with my son.