Honored Contributor

Re: How cute is the MINI KA stand mixer - ugh!!! Feedback, please

I saw the cute little KA mixer in Target.  I wondered why anyone would want it.  It is so little that even a cake mix would splatter all over everything.

It didn't even interest me.  I still have my KA mixer that is at least 35 years old and still going strong which I love.  I also have the 5 speed hand mixer which is awful.  My $15 hand mixer works better.

Honored Contributor

Cuisinart, makes a better mixer I think. Probably the old time KA's were good, too.

Now days I think KA are not built with the quality of the older machines.

that goes pert nert for everything, though, from lawn mowers to clothes.

1chickk.gif

Respected Contributor

I have always used my hand mixer for all my baking.  But it's become harder for me to stand on my feet to say make a pound cake that needs a long time for the mixing part.  But I never wanted to have a KA stand mixer until I saw this mini.  Then I thought that at some point they will have a TSV of this and the price would be better and perhaps more colors.  But I may never get one in spite of the cuteness factor.

Honored Contributor

Anyone else love the honeydew color???

I hope they offer other items in this shade.

Honored Contributor

Think that's the one that sold out.

Host Mary bought it and also wanted to get the other new color.

Don't know if she bought 2, but, she expressed the desire she wanted that orangey color. Something 'spice' think it was called.

Honored Contributor

no, it's called 'hot sauce' LOL

Regular Contributor

I've got the bug really bad to get this cutie. But I'm thinking I want to wait, cos I can see it as a Tsv at a better price.  And lower or free s/h. I better get my crayons out and focus .......

Honored Contributor

Never in my life, even living alone, have I made cookies and not doubled the recipe.  It takes just as much effort to make a double as it does a single batch.  You can always freeze or share the extras.  I've always done it and continue,  using a hand mixer.  You don't need Goliath in your kitchen to make large stiff batches of anything. 

Buy it if you wish but if you already have the big one, you don't "need" it.  You'd be better off buying the hand mixer for times you don't want to pull out the big one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Mine is 250 watts somebody asked that ? in the Q&A area.

The mixer attachments just work on the small one can't interchange them with the larger mixer.

I think the hub is universal if you want that pasta maker, all that stuff I would never use. I don't mess with the hub. LOL

Mine is great for egg whites especially if your making a angel food.

I like the quietness of the engine. Some of these mixers sound like a vacuum cleaner. LOL

Honored Contributor

sharke wrote:

no, it's called 'hot sauce' LOL

Really?   Gee, that's a classy name for a color - not!