Super Contributor

Re: How are this year's Honeybells?

On 1/4/2014 lacey1 said:

Oh goodness, If it makes YOU feel better: The gentlemen vendor from the Honeybell grove.

Or just ...The Vendor....

Frequent Contributor

I hate grapefruit, so I was afraid to order.

On another note, I have been burned 3 times this year on clementines and cuties!

They would not peel!!! I got frustrated with them and threw them away.

I won't buy again, they're too expensive to throw the whole box away.

Frequent Contributor

I did not like them last year, but I decided to order again and they were very good. I ended up ordering more ,to be delivered this week, from a shipper/grower called WhiteFarms. They had a special in the NY Times. Curious to see if they taste the same as the Q's. When I tried to re-order here, they were already sold out for the later shipments so I was happy when I saw the NY Times offer.

Occasional Contributor

They were horrible last year. A mess and not sweet. I wouldn't even bother trying again. I live in California where local oranges are just to die for.

Honored Contributor

They looked really ugly. I always get a double amount. I was nervous to give them to friends and people (like the bank tellers) who help me sometimes.

However, I did give some out and they were good, just not looking very good.

Not applicable

yes i got mine on the 21st of this month and they all had huge brown spots on them and they were yellow there was not one orange one i am very dissapointed my husband was so mad cause i had to talk him into buying them then they arrived like this and they do not taste good.

Occasional Contributor

They sale Honey Bells here in Florida for $3.00 and you get a basket of 5 honey bells, have no idea why QVC charges so much, guess because of shipping & knowing people will over pay to get them. So if you have friends in Florida, just tell them to go to local fruit stands and ship you a few, haven't seen them in the grocery stores here. No need to pay $40 for a box of 6 Oranges. They are really good & taste like a combo of orange & grapefruit.