Honored Contributor

Re: How Spicey Do You Like Food?

@EatWell I love the hottest of the hot bring it on although one night at a Mexican restaurant I ate everyone’s hot peppers.....must say that was a very tough night that I didn’t think I would survive.Now I limit myself to what is on my plate and i get a good nights sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

Thai, greek foods and mexican foods are my favorites. The health benefits have been proven, as well. Love the hot spices and over the years have incorporated those same flavors into most receipes. Like it hot enough to enhance and add zing! Don't want to make my friends and family have beads of sweat on their foreheads and feel uncomfortable.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I don't like bland food.

I like to read recipes online and I'm just taken aback when the only seasoning in a recipe is salt & pepper. I need more than just S&P

I love black pepper, I like trying different kinds of ground pepper.

I love horseradish, I like hot radishes, pickled jalapenos.   Garlic

I like those jars of spicy Giardiniera

I prefer vinegar based foods, as in cole slaw & BBQ sauce, rather than sweet

If I'm going to sweat, it's not going to be over food, but I do like flavor.

I would describe my taste buds more toward acidity than spicy.

But spicy is OK.    

Honored Contributor

I dont like food so spicey that the heat detracts from the flavor of the food.  Sometimes its so hot you just want to wash it down or get it out of your mouth and you never enjoy the flavor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My father liked meat and potatoes, so that's what we ate.  Never anything spicy.  I like spicy.  Not five alarm spicy, but with a kick.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I didn't grow up with "spicy" food.  When I did try something with a little "heat", a little went a long way with me. No "spicey" sausage or anything else.  I know I'm in the minority!

Love "kosher" as in dills. Garlic.  YUM!!!  I was always a fan from when I was young.

I can't do the hot peppers or any of those foods at all.  A little touch of anything goes a long way with me.  Buy a pizza, I'll find the "heat" for sure!

How much "hot" do you like?

I like a little bit of heat or spice, but not so much that that's all that you taste in your food.

I don't like things so hot that your tongue and mouth start to burn where you then can't enjoy the taste of the food because the heat and the spice then start to overpower the food. 

Respected Contributor

"Some like it hot!" That's me! 🌶🌶🌶

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

I can still remember when I was a kid many years ago, my dad eating the hot peppers from the jar and the hot sausage slices that were in a jar. He'd have tears in his eyes and sweat running down his face-you bet I like spicy.

Honored Contributor

Love spicy food. Love hot peppers. 

Honored Contributor

I like my food quite spicy but just to the point at which you can still appreciate the flavors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland