Honored Contributor

How Spicey Do You Like Food?

[ Edited ]

I didn't grow up with "spicy" food.  When I did try something with a little "heat", a little went a long way with me. No "spicey" sausage or anything else.  I know I'm in the minority!

Love "kosher" as in dills. Garlic.  YUM!!!  I was always a fan from when I was young.

I can't do the hot peppers or any of those foods at all.  A little touch of anything goes a long way with me.  Buy a pizza, I'll find the "heat" for sure!

How much "hot" do you like?

Frequent Contributor

Re: How Spicey Do You Like Food?

I'm an admitted weirdo here but I LOVE heat. I eat jalapeno peppers fresh. I like pizza only if I can put red pepper flakes all over it. I always ask for the really hot salsa when we are at a mexicsn restaurant. I buy hot Mongolian oil and use it in a ton of my foods. I just love spice.

But I do not like spice/heat without flavor. Some foods are made for the sole purpose of burning out your soul. I'm not interested in that. If the spice/heat isn't used to enhance a flavor then I'm not interested. 

Honored Contributor

I love hot and spicy!  Growing up my Father ate Horseradish, onions, hot Chinese mustard and the like. So I grew up trying it and liking it.  I love hot hot hot salsa most of all!

Honored Contributor

I like my food highly seasoned ...not necessarily spicy ... but with lots of flavor.  

Tonight I fried some catfish that had been breaded with corn meal, paprika, onion powder, and chili powder and fried in garlic and olive oil.

My mother was a good cook ... but didn't use a lot of seasonings.   After I married I started experimenting with flavors "from around the world."  Curry is probably my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

Spicey food......heck no !  I have~~~

thLGK21E3H.jpg

Honored Contributor

I’m not sure how to quantify it but let’s just say “hotter than hot”. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I didn't grow up with "spicy" food.  When I did try something with a little "heat", a little went a long way with me. No "spicey" sausage or anything else.  I know I'm in the minority!

Love "kosher" as in dills. Garlic.  YUM!!!  I was always a fan from when I was young.

I can't do the hot peppers or any of those foods at all.  A little touch of anything goes a long way with me.  Buy a pizza, I'll find the "heat" for sure!

How much "hot" do you like?

@ECBG 

I routinely stir fry with whole red Thai chili peppers.

My second favorite is the Carolina Reaper.

Third is the Ghost peppers.

Food is not spicy enough if eating it does not make you perspire.  That is how I like to season my food.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell You're brave!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like enough heat for my tongue and lips to tingle, and my eyes to water, as in Taco Bell’s Fire sauce.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

They say spicey flavors enhance the food but when my mouth is numb I can't taste the food, guess it's me. Never grew up with spicey food maybe that is why.