Honored Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Serve Bread With Your Main Meal?

Never.  The only exception is garlic bread with spaghetti.

Honored Contributor

Always.  Breakfast, lunch and supper/dinner.  I really, really, really love bread!

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochiYorkshire pudding is quite like the softer part of a popover with the browned bits aong the edges of the pan.  It's a similar batter but please just check out a Yorkshire pudding recipe as I'm not sure the proportions of ingredients are exactly the same.  I'd hate for you to try it with a pop over batter and not have it come out right 'cause its' So good!

Honored Contributor

Never.

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Growing up when my mom made beef stew we would always get a loaf of vienna bread from the bakery. Delicious.  I don't know if vienna bread is even made anymore.

@DJP,Very interesting.  Could you please describe it?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For me, it's never as I'm just not a bread lover.  I'm a diabetic so I'd rather use my carb allowance by eating other things since bread isn't that special for me.

I do use buns (wheat) but that's only to hold my sloppy joes or pulled pork.  However, many times, I'll eat it without a bun.  I'll even eat a hamburger w/out buns sometimes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

When we were growing up sliced white bread was always on the table at dinner time.  Now in my home, we have bread mostly during the Fall and Winter. We eat heartier meals duing the cold seasons. Soups, stews, chowders, heavy pasta dishes, All have some sort of bread to go with it.  Love garlic bread, olive bread, corn bread, pretzel rolls, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

When we were growing up sliced white bread was always on the table at dinner time.  Now in my home, we have bread mostly during the Fall and Winter. We eat heartier meals duing the cold seasons. Soups, stews, chowders, heavy pasta dishes, All have some sort of bread to go with it.  Love garlic bread, olive bread, corn bread, pretzel rolls, etc. 

@Rockycoast,You might like this.  Everyone who has had it can't get enough!

Onion Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

• loaf French bread cut width of your little finger.

1-1½ sticks butter

1 large onion, grated with liquid

Aluminum foil

Bake sheet

On bake sheet with a piece of aluminum foil, place cut French bread as a loaf with pieces still standing in order.

Mix melted butter into grated onion.

Using a pastry brush, brush on butter mixture with onion (meat) onto one side of each piece of bread. 

Baste the loaf top with the rest of butter.

Fold the foil closely to close and bake for 20-30 minutes until well heated.  You can part the foil to toast the top only a minute (don’t dry it out).

Reheats well!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

@Rockycoast,You might like this.  Everyone who has had it can't get enough!

Onion Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

• loaf French bread cut width of your little finger.

1-1½ sticks butter

1 large onion, grated with liquid

Aluminum foil

Bake sheet

On bake sheet with a piece of aluminum foil, place cut French bread as a loaf with pieces still standing in order.

Mix melted butter into grated onion.

Using a pastry brush, brush on butter mixture with onion (meat) onto one side of each piece of bread. 

Baste the loaf top with the rest of butter.

Fold the foil closely to close and bake for 20-30 minutes until well heated.  You can part the foil to toast the top only a minute (don’t dry it out).

Reheats well!

Thanks for the reciept ECBG. I will give this one a try! 

Respected Contributor

That should read "recipe "not receipt ECBG.  For some reason the EDIT function won't work.