Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Have Fruit On Lettuce Salad?

Althought it's from the past, we still enjoy canned pineapple or pears on lettuce with cream cheese, mayo, and/ cheddar cheese?  (I don't do the cherry......)

Pineapple, lettuce, Miracle Whip, and shredded cheese...yummmmmm | Food,  Miracle whip, Shredded cheese

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Have Fruit On Lettuce Salad?

[ Edited ]

I use fruit often on green salads.

Butter lettuce,  chicken, feta, celery, pecans, mandarins oranges and poppyseed dressing.

Butter lettuce, sliced apple, bacon, walnuts, crumbled blue cheese,  blue cheese dressing or balsamic vinegar dressing.

Butter lettuce, prosciutto,  red seedless grapes, pecans, shaved parmesan and Italian dressing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always like to add apples and grapes and walnuts with cottage cheese on my salad and I usually add my choice of salad dressing or sometimes just vingar and oil, I never thought of trying mayo but I will give it a try it sounds delicious.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Althought it's from the past, we still enjoy canned pineapple or pears on lettuce with cream cheese, mayo, and/ cheddar cheese?  (I don't do the cherry......)

Pineapple, lettuce, Miracle Whip, and shredded cheese...yummmmmm | Food,  Miracle whip, Shredded cheese

Cream cheese with mayo? Are you thinking cottage cheese with fruit? I have never heard of mayo mixed with cheddar cheese? Is that a regional thing @ECBG ?

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Just like my grandmother had a signature salad of green jello whipped with cottage cheese and sliced pears, I have a signature salad.

I have cubed red delicious apples, banana slices, Mandarin oranges, and blueberries mixed with a teaspoon or 2 of sugar and lettuce greens. I make it for every celebration meal I host.

Good or bad, that was her salad tradition and this is mine. LOL

Respected Contributor

Mom's green jello salad with a glob of mayo in the middle, might have been pistachio.

Honored Contributor

Rarely, although I have sliced some strawberries on a tossed salad.

Respected Contributor

I love fruit on mixed salads.  If I have them in the house, I add fresh strawberries and/or red grapes.

By the way, has anyone tried frozen grapes as a dessert choice?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Cream cheese with mayo? Are you thinking cottage cheese with fruit? I have never heard of mayo mixed with cheddar cheese? Is that a regional thing @ECBG ?

@Trinity11, I think so. We had it too except ours had a dollop of dukes mayo with the cheddar on top of that. There was no cream cheese or cottage cheese.My mom used pears most often.

Respected Contributor

I still enjoy it very much.