Honored Contributor

How Does/Did DH's Tastes Differ From Yours?

My DH will occasionally eat cornbread (we have rolls with company/fam dinners), he prefers fried okra and squash to anything, although, he will eat it.  He can tolerate hot, I can't and burn up.  I am much more likely to eat quiche, he likes breakfast for dinner-me UGH!

He can crunch cereal in the am.  I'm Instant Breakfast or fruit.  Cool, light, doesn't weigh me down!

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Does/Did DH's Tastes Differ From Yours?

He could live on meat alone!!  I could nicely live without it but I eat small amounts! 

We both love fish!!

He likes hot and spicy and salty and I like more mild!

I love cream pies and he loves only apple and any other kind

of apple dessert!! 

We get along pretty well about food!  I am lucky he is a pretty

simple guy when it comes to his tummy...but I have to watch his tummy!!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

He won't eat cold pasta or pizza and I have no problem with that.  I like squash and fresh tomatoes and he curls up his nose.  When we go out to eat, he often orders salmon which smells liked cat food to me.

Honored Contributor

He liked gefilte fish for breakfast...........I can't stand the sight of them.......and early in the morning........triple UGH.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

LOL - my dear hubby will eat anything. I'm not big on leftovers, except for homemade soups or desserts - he takes care of all leftovers, thank goodness! He loves sweet breakfast cereals - I'll add my own sugar, thank you!

Respected Contributor

He won't eat leftovers, I like ttem.

I love veggies, he rarely eats them.

Give him an old fashioned casserole/hot dish, I am picky on those!

As far as the house goes, he would live in a brown colored world if left to his own devices!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Well, in a nutshell, he hates pasta and I could live on it. 

He has a very small appetite and a huge sweet tooth.

I have a very large appetite and almost no sweet tooth.

They say opposites attract, right?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I was Ying and he was Yang....we were very different people.  I think he loved me because I am very outgoing and never met a stranger, he was the opposite (then changed).  I am a slob and he was very neat (he used to tease me about being so messy) I once told him if I would 'allow' it he would line up the soup labels alphabetically...He said, "I think you are right".  I hate taking showers, etc (back to being a slob) he was meticulous in life and his appearance.....I am very good in spelling and any kind of English, he wasn't but he was very good at making business decisions...I lead with my heart and anger and he led with his heart and goodness...he loved all children....I loved MY children...like I said, "We were like oil and water" but we tried to get married within a few weeks after we met but had to wait 3 months.  We were so deeply in love it was crazy.  People who knew him and worked for him would say to me, "I can't believe the two of you are married....you're so different from each other". 

I sure do miss him every minute of every day.

Respected Contributor

My DH eats breakfast within the hour of waking.  Me?  It's hours and several cups o'coffee before I am ready to eat, and, when I do, I'm likely to choose something sweet.  That is about the biggest, if not only, (culinary) difference between us.  In general, we share a pure enjoyment of good food, wine and bourbon.  His is the better palate, though.

Oh, I just thought of one big difference--he likes beer.  I cannot abide it. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

We had very similar tastes.