Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Deal With Veggies and Fruits When You Get Them Home?

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Sooner ............who me say something absurd??? LOL well maybe once or twice in my lifetime.  Woman LOL

I have always washed my veggies in ice water with salt, soaked them a while and rinsed.  Thats the way my grandma and mon did it and I have been doing that all my adult life.  So far I am alive, my kids survived and hubby is still upright.  I did try that veggie and fruit wash when it first came out but I did not keep using it.

As for my fruit I soak in very cold water, no salt, and then rinse, rinse, rinse.

I did not mean to imply I did not wash them.

@Imaoldhippie Thank goodness!  Don't scare me like that!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Sooner ............who me say something absurd??? LOL well maybe once or twice in my lifetime.  Woman LOL

I have always washed my veggies in ice water with salt, soaked them a while and rinsed.  Thats the way my grandma and mon did it and I have been doing that all my adult life.  So far I am alive, my kids survived and hubby is still upright.  I did try that veggie and fruit wash when it first came out but I did not keep using it.

As for my fruit I soak in very cold water, no salt, and then rinse, rinse, rinse.

I did not mean to imply I did not wash them.

@Imaoldhippie Well, at YOUR advanced age then I'm gonna assume that it DOES work well!  Woman Very Happy  Just kidding, just kidding!

I think from your nickname we must be of the same vintage!  And you know how our generation is!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner ...........  Woman LOL     I just turned 75 on April 21.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Sooner ...........  Woman LOL     I just turned 75 on April 21.

@Imaoldhippie Well I must celebrate all day because you are a little older than me--but we are of the same vintage and month!  Now I know why we are the way we are!  LOL!!!!!  

I think Ina Garten and Martha are close in age too.  Must be something about when they started putting fluoride in the water huh?