Trusted Contributor

I have an urge to order hot dogs.  
I'm so hungry for them. I could eat two or three with  onions, relish, mustard,  tomatoes, hot peppers, and chili.  

So, Feltman's or Nathan's Coney Island  style hot dogs.  All natural, all beef, no nitrates.   In  natural casing.  The ones that go "pop " when you bite into them.

QVC sells Feltman's, but not Nathan's.  But I can order Nathan's from Walmart.

Your favorite?

"Staying home, staying safe."

Thanks.

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Honored Contributor

Oscar Meyer and some of the natural foods ones without preservatives.  I prefer a very lean hot dog--lean for a hot dog.  I can't stand greasy ones. 

I'll take mine plain with a little sweet pickle relish and a tiny bit of mustard or with chili, no beans please!  

Respected Contributor

@EatWell   I like any all-beef frankfurters.  Nathan's are good.    When I can't get those at the market I like Hebrew National.  Ballpark brand all beef bun size (length is longer) are also good.

Now I want a hot dog with any of the toppings you mention, the essentials for me being chopped onion, dill relish, and Coleman's hot mustard!

Happy there's a hot dog in your future weekend.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid we had a stand that sold Texas Hots. They weren't chili dogs per se , but it was a meat sauce and they were wonderful. I've googled them but the recipes don't seem quite right. Do any of you know what I'm talking about. I'm in the Norteast. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

My favorite hot dogs are zweigles that I get from Wegmans. It is a natural casing hot dog that pops when you cook them. 

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell  I'm definitely a big fan of those Nathan's natural casing hot dogs. Like you say, the crunch is fantastic and they are so flavorful. I think they are juicier than any brand and the very best of the Nathan's line. That natural casing dog can be cooked up in a skillet, put under the broiler or grilled outdoors and it is always just perfect. Chewy, savory, juicy--oh my!

I live barely 2 miles from the real, original Nathan's Coney Island outdoor hot dog restaurant.  I can eat there any time, but in summer parking is murder and lines are long. So I visit Nathan's in person in the fall and winter when I get a yen for the real deal. It's open all year!  

All other times I buy only the natural casing type in the supermarket, a package of top-sliced buns, and gorge on a couple each day (usually cooked on the grill for that extra crunch of the skin) until the craving is satisfied.  

No argument with Feltman's at all. Really delish with any of the fixin's  But Nathan's natural casing hot dogs are the best, I think. More expensive than the commonly found skinless, but worth it. 

some history to further your appetite:

https://www.6sqft.com/before-nathans-there-was-feltmans-the-history-of-the-coney-island-hot-dog/

Super Contributor

If you haven't tried Kansas City hot dogs, they should definitely be on your list.   They are all beef and are the biggest juiciest hot dog I have ever seen.    They are worth you trying.  Unlike any other hot dog I have ever had.  

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

I have an urge to order hot dogs.  
I'm so hungry for them. I could eat two or three with  onions, relish, mustard,  tomatoes, hot peppers, and chili.  

So, Feltman's or Nathan's Coney Island  style hot dogs.  All natural, all beef, no nitrates.   In  natural casing.  The ones that go "pop " when you bite into them.

QVC sells Feltman's, but not Nathan's.  But I can order Nathan's from Walmart.

Your favorite?

"Staying home, staying safe."

Thanks.

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

I recommend Hebrew National hot-dogs. Costco sells them.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@EatWell   I like any all-beef frankfurters.  Nathan's are good.    When I can't get those at the market I like Hebrew National.  Ballpark brand all beef bun size (length is longer) are also good.

Now I want a hot dog with any of the toppings you mention, the essentials for me being chopped onion, dill relish, and Coleman's hot mustard!

Happy there's a hot dog in your future weekend.

aroc3435

In New York, I'd get a Hebrew National hotdog on a bun with mustard and warm sauerkraut.

Honored Contributor

Only buy all beef for us. DH grills them so I only get them for the three summer holidays.