Contributor

Re: Hosts not eating the food on today's food show

I'm actually surprised QVC let HSN get a jump on them in the food tasting start up.

Super Contributor

I think it is literally the stupidest thing to promote how David would be the first to taste food on air.  Why on earth is that such a big deal!?!?!  Who cares if he eats or not!!  

Contributor

HSN did it right with the hosts just starting to eat the food with no big fanfare.  I gues they don't have a "head foodie".  I thought last night's theme of eating food on air was way way way over the top, to the point that I thought it was embarrassing. I must have heard food safety and sanitizing about ten times. Even the spoon.

And when David says, "if all goes well" the other hosts will be eating too.  What the heck was gonna happen?  You'd think this was some full of risk lab experiment. 

Just my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

Saw david rolling his eyes, licking the spoon almost salavating over the jars of pudding.  What a turn off, a 50 year old man, acting worse than a child!  UGH..

Food gulping and shoving into the mouth..now come on!

Respected Contributor

@bajsf wrote:

Saw david rolling his eyes, licking the spoon almost salavating over the jars of pudding.  What a turn off, a 50 year old man, acting worse than a child!  UGH..

Food gulping and shoving into the mouth..now come on!

and the Happy Dance..🤪

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I too thought it a bit over-the-top all the fanfare regarding David tasting the food.  I watched his show last night as I do enjoy ITKWD, but  couldn't believe how big a deal was made and many announcements about  "YAY, I can finally eat the food on air!  As previous poster said, why is it such a big deal?  Maybe people were bugging him about it and wondering?  Dunno. I don't care either way but did get a kick seeing him do the Happy Dance again!

Esteemed Contributor

Restaurants have been serving food safely since June 2020.  I can't understand why they felt the need to make a fuss with fanfare and folly.