Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts not eating the food on today's food show

Who cares?

Super Contributor

I may be wrong, but I don't think the hosts have been eating on the set since covid. But then again, I don't always watch the food shows that much.

Respected Contributor

OMG, here we go again.  I thought David was supposed to taste food on Sunday's show.  Why does anyone care about this?  I just hope the Happy Dancing doesn't start!!!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone expect the host to gag and spit the food in a napkin?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t understand why any of the hosts need to taste/eat the food during a food show .... the viewers cannot taste the food because the host does ... the viewers have to take the host word for it that it is soooo delicious (not always the case) .... there is absolutely no reason for the host to start tasting the food again ... they should leave it the way it is because Covid19 is still around & there is no reason to tempt fate!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are people on the various QVC Facebook pages that have worked themselves into a frenzy!  They are absolutely, happily besides themselves about David eating food again tonight!  BIZARRE, but that's my own opinion.

These shows are not cooking shows. They are sales demonstrations only -- you get one reaction -- " It's SO good!!!"

But QVC of course will do what the sales numbers say.  A lot of viewers apparently buy more when they see them eat.  

Regular Contributor

I don't mind at all that eating the food will be back. It must've been so hard not to taste a David's cookie, a piece of chocolate and many other goodies that were right in front of a host while presenting it. 

Contributor

David could have just started sampling the food 3 days ago on his Sunday show unannounced. But the fact that his eating of food again on air needs a preview announcement just demonstrates the absurdity to me of what the food eating has become. That is just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@akxss wrote:

David could have just started sampling the food 3 days ago on his Sunday show unannounced. But the fact that his eating of food again on air needs a preview announcement just demonstrates the absurdity to me of what the food eating has become. That is just my opinion.

@akxss  Agree 100%.

Esteemed Contributor

Two thoughts on this........First, if they taste the food, just leave it at a taste and not like they're having a meal.

Second, I guess the taste would be better than playing around with the food like they do when they can't taste it.

So, I'm divided on this.