Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible Mrs. Prindables Apples

It's probably best to cut Prindables into slices rather eat them like candy apples. 

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered these off and on throughout the years and by far the best one was the very first apple offered back in the '90's.  It was a huge apple and it was dipped, not coated, in milk, dark and white chocolate.  Fantastic. Because QVC requires a successful item to then be available in huge quantities the quality then suffers to me a price point and that is what we have offered to us 25 years later.  Sad!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw some offered last night that were purple...I think they've moved to the cheapest toppings. I ordered once, they were OK, nothing to write home about....

Agree with being careful about eating these things....definitely let them warm to room temp and cut them into slices. They are toothbreakers.

Here's an idea. Kraft caramels ( the little old fashioned square candies) are 2.00 a bag at my Walmart. Add a bag or a few of your favorite apples, buy a few candy bars you like, or the nuts or candy chips,  crush them and make your own for a fraction of what they sell these for.

You can only make one if you just want one for desert.

QVC's food prices are ridiculous.  I don't buy any longer. You can find 95% of what they offer in the store or on other vendors, or make it yourself. Then you know what's in it.

In my opinion, anyone who spend 75.00 for six servings of soup needs their head examined ( or 75.00 for two pies). Come on now.

Let's look in to the QVC Marketting Department meeting:

The head salesman says "Let's try this price for this 16" mail order pizza (!!!!) and see how many gulla-billies buy it...let's try....oh, lets say...89.99... and then have the three  pajama clad hosts on the show excitedly bray that it's LESS than 90.00 for six slices of MAIL ORDER(!!!!!) pizza!!!...Free shipping of course!!!...

We'll sell thousands!!!!"

Honored Contributor

That's why I use River Sweets Treats.  No surprises, just good!

River Street Sweets Sampler

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Wow!  They look incredible!

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@ECBG  Wow!  They look incredible!

@rockygems123 

Everything they make is in small batches.  Just delicious!

Contributor

Yes...they were green apples

Contributor

They looked like a child decorated them.  I had ordered them years ago and they were beautiful...and huge!  You're right about pricing...last week they were selling a roast for $149.00...crazy!

Trusted Contributor

I’ve ordered these a few times & they’ve always arrived perfect. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
Respected Contributor

Agree with you 100% @joco728 .  Mrs. P's apples are no longer what they once were. Ordered them frequently when they first were on the Q on sale.  Their quality has gone down hill.  Stopped ordering them years ago.