Trusted Contributor

Re: Hoosier Cabinet - do you own one?

I have my grandmother's well used, and loved Hoosier Cabinet.  It's just as it was when she used it, all the parts/bins are there.  As a gift, a gentleman I was dating several years ago had it refinished.  I don't think I could ever part with it.

Occasional Visitor

Ihave one made by the Lutz Funeral/furniture stoe in ESterly PA, now St Lawrence.  I have the mill, sugar bowl and a lot of the papers that went in the dorors, my dad bought it for my grandparents and he got it when they passed away, he didn't like it, but I love it.  The only thing I don't like is the roll top rolls up and it doesn't hold

Honored Contributor

I do.  As many of you know, we furnished our house in primitives from the beginning.  I have a large oak housier in our counter kitchen.  I also am using a large oak farm table as my center island.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG I am envious!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellokittyMine is oak and doesn't have feet.  When we had corded telephones we put the kitchen phone behind the upper left door where the flour would be poured in!  

It does work for me and always has,  All of my antiques do.  I have my Franciscian china on the shelves and wine glasses behind the top doors.  Behind the lower door I have plastic bags and a bin with onions; in the wide drawer all of my food wraps; and dishtowels in the 3 side drawers.

This picture shows the style I have, although, the left top door opens to the side on mine.

Image result for oak hoosier cabinets

Respected Contributor

I do!  Smiley Happy  All working parts including the inside paperwork on the doors.  It is the Hoosier brand.  

100_5568.JPG

Valued Contributor

@Ainhisg and @ECBG  Beautiful!  I will have to clear mine off...hubby likes to use it as a catch all...and post a picture.