Regular Contributor

I bought Cushman's Honeybells from QVC a couple of years ago and once was enough.  I sent a 10lb box to my daughter and got a 10lb box for myself. I paid $44 per box at the time (delivered January 2021).  A good portion of them were so soft, on the verge of rotting and had to be thrown away. The ones we did eat were tasty but had tons of seeds in them. I remember counting at least 30 in one of them. Would NEVER order them again.

Honored Contributor

i generally order my fruit from pittman and davis.

they are a great company to deal with and they have honeybells.

they are 12 for $34.99 (about 8 pounds) or 18 for $46.99 (about 12 pounds).

i order their comice pears and their ruby red grapefruits for my family and some for gifts. they are always excellent and if they arent, they will send you a new box.

"Our Guarantee

If you or your friends are not absolutely delighted with every gift you receive, we will replace the gift or refund the purchase price."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I buy Mineolas & Tangelos from California. Much cheaper & just as good. The price of the TSV was shocking.

Esteemed Contributor

Just a note: If you're looking for tangelos in grocery stores right now, you might not find them; at least in my area, we often don't get any until late January. I think the season is supposed to be December through March, but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone gets their shipments at the same time or regularly throughout the season. But when you finally get a good tangelo, it's totally worth the wait! Mmmmm.

Respected Contributor

We found and purchased 6 tangelos/minneolas in a local supermarket today.  I ate one.  It was juicy, not sour, but not sweet.  The price is $1.00 each piece of fruit. This is in the state of Pennsylvania.