Contributor

Just received my AD. They've been in process since 01/02/14 and arrived today. I tried to cancel them since 01/02/14 and kept being told they couldn't be cancelled because they were in the process of shipping (for 2 weeks). Wish they could have cancelled them. They're nothing like last years. All of them are very small...more like the "snackers" size and the whole box of them came frozen solid, so I don't know how they will turn out. Will never order them again.

Respected Contributor

Honeybells are a product of nature. Generally they are sweet, but they can differ depending on weather conditions during the growing season. I have gotten some shipments over the years where the fruit was more tart than at other times, but I would never complain. That's just the way nature works. This year's shipment has been very mild and sweet. Next year's could be just the opposite.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor
On 1/15/2014 Gellergirl said:

Just received my AD. They've been in process since 01/02/14 and arrived today. I tried to cancel them since 01/02/14 and kept being told they couldn't be cancelled because they were in the process of shipping (for 2 weeks). Wish they could have cancelled them. They're nothing like last years. All of them are very small...more like the "snackers" size and the whole box of them came frozen solid, so I don't know how they will turn out. Will never order them again.

They said on air that you will get the correct weight, regardless of size. If you had received larger Honeybells, you'd get fewer pieces. Because you got smaller ones, you got more.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

If they described them on air as: so many of full size, so many 'snackers', etc. that's what you should have received. If they were frozen, I would consider them 'damaged' and I would call customer service for a full refund.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/15/2014 DiAnne said:
On 1/15/2014 colliegirls said:

We lived next to an orange grove in Florida and our neighborhood was covered in orange trees. I would walk right outside my door most of the year and take an orange off the trees to eat. The oranges were so sweet but the skin on a real "off the tree" orange are not like in the stores. The natural color is yellow and brown. The bright color in the stores is fake, I would rather have the natural. It was many years after leaving Florida before I could eat a store orange after having our own orange trees in our yard.

I agree with you about oranges being so sweet off the trees but I grew up in Southern California and the oranges on the trees in my yard were orange not yellow and brown so maybe that is just the difference between Florida oranges and California oranges.

I grew up in So Calif too in the midst of the citrus belt. I would pick oranges off the trees to juice & eat & they were orange too. If they were yellow they were not ripe. We had tangelo, Valencia & navels.

Super Contributor

The skin coloring is from a difference in breed. When in Jamaica I had Ugli fruits, which are their version of a tangelo (Honeybell). It is indeed ugly, all greenish brown, speckled and oddly shaped. However, they are delicious. Same for the Honeybells.

New Contributor

I received mine yesterday. I immediately opened them up, inspected them and then tried one out. The honeybells were nice and cold from being in the truck but fortunately they were not frozen. They were of various color but they were sweet and extremely juicy as can be. My wife liked them too. I've already had 3 and really wished they grew year round as they really satisfied my sweet tooth without needing some junk food. Out of the 3 honeybells I've had so far, I've only had 2 seeds total.

Contributor
On 1/15/2014 Kokathy said:

It is a cross between a grapefruit and tangerine (I think?). So maybe the one you just ate. I would try another one and if it's no good, I'd call Q.

I am still waiting to get my autodelivery from last year. The estimated delivery date was yesterday but it still shows in process and I am not getting anywhere with Q customer service.

Kokathy, I'm having the same problem. all my friends that just order them this year got them right away, but my order del is still processing. I hope they are not sitting in a hot truck somewhere for the next 10 days (since they stated "7-10 days" which i know is NOT correct with food items. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

Upshatesme - great name - still no sign of mine EDD was 1/14. And why is it not a two day shipping process for a food item? Because they know they can ship UPS. Sounds like mine are on the slow truck from FL! Customer service still does not have an answer.

Super Contributor
My EDD was yesterday. None arrived. Why sell an item saying they will ship a certain week when they don't? Another Q letdown. HSN looks better all the time!