Valued Contributor

I have never had them before but after seeing them presented both here and on HSN I decided to give them a try. The reviews were mixed which makes sense given that they are fruit and produced at different times...different trees etc.

Delicious and so juicy. I have had several since they were delivered on Saturday and one that I had today was sweet on one part and tasted a bit more tart (like grapefruit) on another.

I got mine from HSN since I had a small coupon. Wish Q would wise up and start giving coupons instead of easy pay....although I do occasionally like easy pay..

Respected Contributor

I think HoneyBelles are available right now in one of the major grocery stores here. The ones you ordered are probably better than those if they were shipped directly to the consumer, but I might buy a few if there are any the next time I go to the store. Since I'm the only citrus eater in my house and am usually not home for several days each week, I just buy small amounts of perishables. So glad the ones you received are delicious.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the HoneyBelles for the first time last year and was very disappointed. Even before eating them they were awful....very small, some green, mushy, almost seemed spoiled. They were nothing like what was advertised. Later I saw many others had the same complaints (which were conveniently removed when this year's batch was in). Don't want to deal with this hastle...do much better at my local markets. Buyer beware!!

BTW, GO PATS!!!!

Respected Contributor
On 1/13/2014 Jes16 said:

I ordered the HoneyBelles for the first time last year and was very disappointed. Even before eating them they were awful....very small, some green, mushy, almost seemed spoiled. They were nothing like what was advertised. Later I saw many others had the same complaints (which were conveniently removed when this year's batch was in). Don't want to deal with this hastle...do much better at my local markets. Buyer beware!!

BTW, GO PATS!!!!

I was going to send a box to my mother, but I am glad I didn't waste my money. There are so many mixed reviews on these and most seem negative. Yes, go Pats, they will do it!!!

Honored Contributor

I was in Florida a year ago and the entire citrus crop was pretty bad. We had been buying from a market called Mixons for years and both oranges and grapefruit had problems with early spoilage. Here's hoping they have solved their problems.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/13/2014 luvpoos said:
On 1/13/2014 Jes16 said:

BTW, GO PATS!!!!

I was going to send a box to my mother, but I am glad I didn't waste my money. There are so many mixed reviews on these and most seem negative. Yes, go Pats, they will do it!!!

luvpoos, I know, it's bad enough if you buy them for yourself and they're bad. Much worse if you are gifting them. I see you're in Kingston...I'm in Salem. Small world!

Frequent Contributor
On 1/13/2014 depglass said:

I was in Florida a year ago and the entire citrus crop was pretty bad. We had been buying from a market called Mixons for years and both oranges and grapefruit had problems with early spoilage. Here's hoping they have solved their problems.

I guess you can't control Mother Nature. I would be embarrassed to send out customers fruit in the condition that I received. I guess they're just trying to make a profit...

Respected Contributor

This year's crop is a winner, although I was happy with last year's as well. Last year I ordered them from Cushman's through QVC and they were delicious, but a bit more tart than this year. Luckily I had no problem with spoilage in my shipment. Don't be turned off if they're not perfect on the outside. That has no impact on the fruit itself. I have a few that look somewhat bruised, but the fruit is perfect. The Cushman's guy explained why the skins on some fruit have imperfections and it's really nothing to worry about.

This year I also got them from QVC and they are wonderful. No tartness, just sweet, juicy fruit. I've been eating one per day and am happy that I bought two boxes, so I won't run out for awhile.

Don't be hesitant to order them. I believe there is one more ship date left (1/20). {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Ridiculous price, I'm glad they don't ship to my state. I have been enjoying Halos.

Super Contributor

I called the Honeybells firm directly when they were showing them on-air on the Q, and the CS rep told me the crop was depleted, and that pretty much all they could ship out now were definitely "not first quality".