Esteemed Contributor
On 12/6/2014 birkin baby said: I suggest going over to Aldi and getting that spiral ham....they are so delicious.I have made them for parties,funerals,holiday and never had a bad one. I'm making one this Christmas again. They are not expensive at all.

Birkin Baby, you are so right, they are absolutely delicious. My daughter got a spiral sliced ham a couple of weeks ago for a get together with her in laws. She bought the one that is spiral sliced and 2.19/lb and it was absolutely one of the best hams I have ever had. I am not a huge ham fan to begin with but I will eat a little of it once in a while. Well I tried it not realizing it was from Aldis and I thought she got it from the Honey Baked Ham store.

Our Aldis has a refrigerated bin that holds the hams and there are 3 different types, with 3 different prices for each. I think she said she got the most expensive one which is $2.19 per pound.

In the past we have gotten our hams at the Honey Baked Ham store but they are just so unbelievably busy and actually have to have police officers direct traffic in front of those stores because the lines are insane.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I get a store brand of honey/brown sugar spirel glazed ham which is delicious for around $10.00. You really don't need the expensive kind with items that good around. It's frozen and has aa orange/red wrapper. Have ham, small biscuits, different mustards, mayo, and a large fruit bowl, deviled eggs, pasta salads.

Honored Contributor

Honey Baked Hams are the best. I don't really care for ham but I like those. Quality costs.

Super Contributor

We ordered a honey baked ham for thanksgiving i think 10 pounds was like $95. Went to pick it up the monday before holiday, line was an hour long with no place to park, even though we had ordered one. Forget that, went to Sam's Club got one for $25 it was delicious!

Super Contributor

We bought them for years and years, I stopped it about 10 years ago, you can get very good spiral cut honey glazed hams in the grocery for half the price. IMO your paying for the name.

Honored Contributor

Remarkable - most of you say Aldi's, Costco, or grocery spiral ham is just as good as Honeybaked at a fraction of the price and inconvenience. That's good to know!

Honored Contributor
Please do this for purchases next year: Register on line with the Honey Baked Ham website. They will send you special emails with discounts. You can then order on line with free shipping and have your order sent to your house. I have done this for the last 6 years. The orders are packed inside a cooler with frozen ice packs. The side dishes I ordered for Thanksgiving were delicious. We had the broccoli and rice, potato au gratin and the sweet potato casserole. I transferred the side dishes to my own serving dishes. Yes a little pricy but I love that my meal can be shipped to my door..... and saves me alot of time , stress . I always have at least two more made from scratch side dishes. My DH that normally complains about prices loves the direct door delivery.
Honored Contributor

DH loves HBHs. You can purchase slices which we will probably do for Christmas.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

We love Honeybaked Hams.

But we've also gotten good spiral cut hams from Super Target (not all Targets have a grocery section, but if yours does, they will carry hams during the holidays).

I've heard great things about Aldi's hams, but haven't tried one yet.

Respected Contributor

Left over ham can be frozen in quart bags for use later, soups, sandwiches, ham fried rice, breakfast, ham salad...many things. It won't go to waste. I also one that doesnt' have a Honey Baked Ham shop within 200 miles, so I've purchased the spiral cut ones at Sams and the grocery store. They are perfect. Honey Baked just takes the work out and glazes it. You can do your own and it will be much cheaper.