Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday cooking keeping severe p-nut allergic person in mind

It sounds as if you have safe foods covered, but one topic worth mentioning is utensils-and that may not be an issue.....but my mother had her BIL over for dinner : he was deathly allergic to shell fish, so of course she didn't make that, but he had an anaphylactic response: doctors speculated that it was a utensil to blame. My Mother's middle name was "Sanitary Sam": she scrubbed everything in hot water and dish detergent-and then it went into the dishwasher.  How any offending substance survived that, I don't know. It may not be a bad idea to ask your daughter about methods used to eradicate offending traces of foods from cookware and plates.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday cooking keeping severe p-nut allergic person in mind

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

It sounds as if you have safe foods covered, but one topic worth mentioning is utensils-and that may not be an issue.....but my mother had her BIL over for dinner : he was deathly allergic to shell fish, so of course she didn't make that, but he had an anaphylactic response: doctors speculated that it was a utensil to blame. My Mother's middle name was "Sanitary Sam": she scrubbed everything in hot water and dish detergent-and then it went into the dishwasher.  How any offending substance survived that, I don't know. It may not be a bad idea to ask your daughter about methods used to eradicate offending traces of foods from cookware and plates.

Poodlepet2

Thank you @Poodlepet2, that never even occurred to me!

"To each their own, in all things".