Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Cannot stand the behavior of either Alberti and/or Rachel on food shows, together they are terrible, turn my stomach and will not watch. When I saw in guide they were hosting, I made sure I stayed away.  Might I add, getting quite tired of all the excess Gourmet Food Shows.....enough is too much!

@ScarletDove   My sentiments exactly.  I can't watch either of them on any shows.

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Cannot stand the behavior of either Alberti and/or Rachel on food shows, together they are terrible, turn my stomach and will not watch. When I saw in guide they were hosting, I made sure I stayed away.  Might I add, getting quite tired of all the excess Gourmet Food Shows.....enough is too much!

@ScarletDove   My sentiments exactly.  I can't watch either of them on any shows.

watched alberti sticking his fork in the hot dog meat when Rastelli was trying to cut it first into small pieces.  there is a professtional way to taste the meat not sticking your fork into the meat while the vendor was trying to cut it. Had to change the channel.

Honored Contributor

Hard to believe they could be any worse than Dan Wheeler used to be.  And even SharonF.  Could never watch them.  And I no longer watch the food shows, though I sometimes check on line to see what as presented.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Hard to believe they could be any worse than Dan Wheeler used to be.  And even SharonF.  Could never watch them.  And I no longer watch the food shows, though I sometimes check on line to see what as presented.

@Krimpette   But I think they are worse!!

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3  Hard to imagine!  I can recall numerous times when DW would run back on stage (soon after his sales pitch) to chow down on whatever his co-host would be selling.  It was appalling, at least to me.  (Kind of gross.)

Frequent Contributor

Re: Holiday Gourmet

[ Edited ]

I THINK ALBERTI IS THE BEST AT THESE SHOWS, HE IS A GOOD, HONEST, KIND AND RESPECTFUL MAN. RACHEL HAS TO GO THOUGH, TOO DRAMATIC  Heart

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I am enjoying Alberti tonight except that he seems to have a running of the mouth.  He keeps chattering.  But, he is such a gentlemen, he always runs to the oven to shut the door for Tara.  I don't even always see David doing that, and hardly ever any of the other hosts.  I do not watch Rachel as she is always trying to get herself the attention. 

I disagree.  I always see David doing that.  He is very attentive to the vendors and 'chefs'.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Dan Wheeler returned as a VENDOR and ate his own food.  Now that was a first. 

Hope David doesn't eat before his kitchen show - - and it's eating cake before the meatballs that turns my stomach.

@fthunt.  I was just going to comment about Dan but you beat me to it.  Usually the host samples the food while the vendor describes its deliciousness.  Dan apparently has not yet grasped his new role as, when I saw him recently, he was shoveling it in like he always did.  He won't last long at that rate.

I have seen Chef Tony, Meredith, The Cin Roll guy and many, many other vendors taste their own food.

It doesn't bother me in the least.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Gourmet

[ Edited ]

I buy a lot of food on QVC.

I used to love all the food shows and watched them in their entirety. 

I enjoyed all the previous hosts.

I no longer watch or purchase with the change up to these hosts.

If the shows were hosted by Jill, Leah, Mary Beth or Dan, I would watch and buy again.

Edited to add ...

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was boycotting because of the host, I just won't watch, so  I am def. less apt to purchase.

The shows are not enjoyable to me at all.

I can still see the food items online.  However, I purchase more it seems when I watch and  when it is presented in the proper way without theatrics.

Valued Contributor

@libdem wrote:

I THINK ALBERTI IS THE BEST AT THESE SHOWS, HE IS A GOOD, HONEST, KIND AND RESPECTFUL MAN. RACHEL HAS TO GO THOUGH, TOO DRAMATIC  Heart

Can't watch either one of them. sorry

Trusted Contributor

They have 7 chocolate bars for $40?  Who would buy these things at such a ridiculous price?   Also, $39 for a citrus bundt cake?  I could make 10 for that cost.  QVC’s food prices are outrageous.