Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Goodies You Like and DH Dosen't!

My grandparents were from Italy so chestnuts and Torrone were abundant for the holidays.  My grandmother got a huge crate from her family in Italy full of chestnuts and boxes of Torrone right before Thanksgiving.  My SO doesn't like either so when I buy them they are all mine!!!

Respected Contributor

I love chocolate covered cherries with the liquid center.    My husband can't stand them.

Respected Contributor

divinity

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   Your post brought a smile to my face.  My Significant Other has never met a sweet or baked item he doesn't like!

He just spontaneously "confessed" this afternoon that he had been raiding my new David's Cookies Holiday Package cookie jar that I put out for Christmas and relieved it of most of the completely enrobed chocolate brownies that came with it.

Told him not to worry.  (I already was aware of his "invasion" and at least I had had a couple myself!  They were pretty good but not as good as my homemade brownies.)

He is like a little kid when it comes to desserts and sweets.  I attribute it in part to his being in a very poor family during his childhood; the kids were lucky if they got to eat--never mind having extras like ice cream or candy. Even fresh fruit was a very rare treat.

He will eat black licorice.  That is the one flavor profile I don't like.  All the black jelly beans are his at Easter.  I can spot even a trace amount of fennel or anisette present in something and though I will still eat it I don't particularly like it.

I love dark chocolate, the darker the better.  He much prefers the traditional more milk chocolate end of the spectrum.

Honored Contributor

Just about everything....I have given up on what he likes & can eat.  He's been on a super strict diet for years now and rarely breaks it.  I eat what I want.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care what he likes anymore--I cook/bake and if he eats it then fine, otherwise he fixes his own. he eats canned chili on a piece of bread---gag, choke, cough !!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG

Try Godiva's .  They are wonderful.

As far as OP's question.  Nothing .  He will eat anything.  He says he eats to live and I live to eat.   So true.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Bridgegal the Valentine candy is all over so I can replenish our supply.