Valued Contributor

Holiday Food from the Q that was a flop.......and go.

Just a buyers curiosity... I bought some fudge bites that were ok. I hope the folks that I bought them for liked them. I worry when it is something that I have never tried before.

on the other hand........That s'more graham cracker bark was the BOMB by Sylvestri Sweets!! and of course Beekman and the Goat Poop was of course a winner. I even bought extra poop so I could have one but that did not happen.  :/

Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Food from the Q that was a flop.......and go.

[ Edited ]

@so so   I ordered the Beekman 1808  Goat Poop 1 lb. boxes in July and opened one of the two at Christmas.  Was fresh, and with a nice assortment of flavors and was fresh tasting.  I would recommend it and would buy these again.

Sorry you didn't get to try/taste but to whomever you gifted I bet they enjoyed them.

Didn't have any food flops that I ordered from QVC this year.  

Ordered David's brownies in the Christmas Present cookie jar during Christmas in July and later, the Junior's swirled cheesecake.  

Have had Jr's. before.  David's brownies was my first try, as was the earlier referenced Beekman 1808 candy. 

Junior's is always excellent and the David's brownies were also good for "store bought" but not as good as my own, but I didn't expect them to be.  Loved the jar; to me the individually wrapped brownies were a bonus!  The jar is very handsome looking and has a good air tight seal on it.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Landies Candies chocolate covered pretzels and Beatrice's Grandma's Fruit and Nut cake both outstanding.

My Grandma's cranberry cake, not enough cranberries and nuts as shown in the photo, but it was good, not good enough to buy again, though.   

Honored Contributor

Someone gifted me some Mrs Prindable candy coated pretzel rods.  I had to discard them, since they kept sticking to my dental work!

Trusted Contributor

Mrs. P's pretzel rods were ok, just ok.  Won't order them again.  However, the Geoffrey Zakarian 4 pack of sausages were very good.  Served them with sharp cheese on Christmas Eve and everyone gave positive reviews, including me.

Respected Contributor

We enjoyed all our QVC treats we ordered.  Candy, fudge, fruit cake and Germack.  Received compliments from family and friends on those that they tried as well.  

Win for us.  Only thing is we over did it.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL

Spoiler
Spoiler

Valued Contributor

@aroc3435  I agree with you about the Goat Poop.  We had one ourselves and gave the other to friends who have a good sense of humor.  We enjoyed it -- as did they -- and their kids got a real kick out of it!

Honored Contributor

We'll soon finish our Grandma's coffee cake that was shipped the week of Dec 2. I probably won't get the cranberry one again because it could have used more berries. Not that it was bad, but banana walnut and chocolate chip are our favorites.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the Junior's mini-cheesecake sets and had them shipped directly to the recipients.  They said they were delicious.  I bought some food for myself - one was an order of various side dishes, some Rastelli and then Curtis Stone's steaks and shrimp.  I haven't tried anything yet.  Just put them in the freezer.   

Respected Contributor

I ordered some Corsi's cookies during CIJ, delivered in November.  They were horrible.  The taste was like something I'd buy at the dollar store or second-hand shop, and at least a quarter of them arrived cracked or crushed.  All of the reviews were bad, I don't expect to see them back.