Super Contributor

Re: Holiday Food from the Q that was a flop.......and go.

I ordered a bone-in Smithfield ham for Thanksgiving.  As I stated in my review it was Almost.  Not quite as tender as I like, not quite as tasty.  Just almost.  For the price I won't order again.

For Christmas I had Junior's pumpkin pie cheesecake.  I have had this every year since it was introduced.  Once again it was light, smooth, silky, and a heavenly combination of tastes and textures.

In years past I have really enjoyed Kansas City Steak's prime ribs and beef tenderloins.  Never a complaint but they have priced me out of the market.  Got both this year at a local butcher for much less and still every bit as tasty and tender.

Bought scallops but they are still in the freezer awaiting a February birthday dinner.

Honored Contributor

No food flops here. We always order some version of Mrs. Prinable’s apples. They’re always good & everyone we give them to loves them. This year we ordered the Landies pretzel splitz. Half the size of the regular ones so less calories. LOL! All the flavors were yummy. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat.  If your cookies arrived broken, in poor condition, call CS and ask that they refund your money.  They will cheerfully do so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A few years ago I ordered Cheryl's cookies because I wanted the cookie jar that they came in.   I can't say the cookies were a flop, it's just that they were so sweet with all of that icing that we really didn't like them at all.    They were actually a little bit dry too.

I never ordered them again.

Respected Contributor

We ordered the Coronet Cake Swiss Roll Sampler from the CIJ show. It was shipped the beginning of December.  Biggest Flop ever!  Not worth the money even on sale!  The sponge cake was dry. The flavors were indiscernible. We had to check the package label again to see what flavor we were eating. After 3 bad Swiss Rolls we tossed the others. None were any good. Won't be purchasing any more food products from QVC.  They don't live up to the hype from the vendors or hosts.

Honored Contributor

My go-tp's are no longer available.  Balboa Cakes was one and Smith Island coconut and their Lemon cake was stellar. I also used to order Rocky Mountain chocolates.   Now I skip qvc and go direct.  All they sell is grandmas cakes, and I dont think they are worth anything, and jimmy the baker.  Forget frankie avalon and the rest.ust dont care for their cakes

Honored Contributor

The Squirrel Mix as usual  was delicious, NY Bagels were the best we ever tried and the Wolverman's muffins were good too. I stopped buying the hams because it's hit or miss with how salty they are. I know they give your money back if the product isn't good, but I don't care to play Russian Roulette with the main course.

Super Contributor

Loved the sweet potato casserole,  did not like the Harry and David pears.

Super Contributor

Goat poop was not as good this year as last year. Three of the choices are cheap fillings: “sugar cookie, pretzel, malted milk.” Two nut, one caramel. Also, all my chocolates had bloom on them, meaning less than fresh. Last year they were very fresh and varied and I ate them all year long. This batch...I don’t think I’ll even finish. Probably will not order again. Got from HSN last year. 

Valued Contributor

I almost caved in and got the SWISS ROLLS!!  sorry they did not work out. it is just maddening, isn't it