Respected Contributor

Re: Hmmm? National Turkey Shortage??

Sounds like pressure-selling hype.  Trying to get shopper to remember the shortages during the pandemic.  Sick garbage.  We shopped last Thursday.  Saw lots of turkeys, turkey breasts, packages of boneless turkey breasts that you can heat in a bag, etc.

Honored Contributor

haven't notice any shortages where I shop--but the birds are smaller. I did order a fresh turkey breast, de boned and butterflied for my tiny t-day dinner for my 3 people in my house.

Honored Contributor

Meijer had their brand of frozen turkey for 39 cents a pound, or 31 cents a pound with a digital coupon last week and this week. 

There were very few in the case each time I was in the store. 

I belong to several FB groups about food, and many are reporting from various regions of the US that they aren't seeing any frozen turkey in the grocery, or if they do, there is a much smaller quantity than in past years. 

Contributor

I went to Costco and Publix this past week....no reported shortages in my area.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got mine last week.  I get a specific brand of fresh turkey from an independent seller.  No shortage with them.  I have seen a lot of frozen ones at the grocery stores I frequent. Aldi, Kroger, Schucks, Hy Vee, Costco and Walmart.  

As the day approaches I am sure there will be a limited choice if everyone bought theirs early.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to do Cornish game hens this year ( we'll be out of town until Wednesday nite) but neither Wal-Mart nor Safeway had any so we will do roast duck.