Honored Contributor

I read it is used in margharitas!!

Respected Contributor

I love the Himalayan Pink Salt.    I purchased mine online from SaltWorks Inc,   I bought a 6oz. bottle of the fine salt.   I try to limit the amount of salt that we use so we've had this bottle for months and are still have over half of it left.

I don't use it for salting pasta water though.   For that I always use Kosher salt.  I like to put a little salt on apple slices and this Pink salt is just delicious on them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Himalayan Pink Salt

[ Edited ]

After using different types, I  discovered the benefit of coarse Kosher salt and will use nothing but that  for certain things,  while using finer-ground iodized Morton's salt at other times.

I use coarse Kosher salt for prepping potatoes and vegetables with oil-- for roasting.

I don't  expect others to agree with me........this is just what I've decided from my own experience.  Salt might be just salt, no matter what we use, after all.  

Perhaps there's no need to get picky about it--but I've gotten picky.  No more Himalayan or sea salt, because my current choices work just fine--especially Morton's Kosher salt.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

After using different types, I  discovered the benefit of coarse Kosher salt and will use nothing but that  for certain things,  while using finer-ground iodized Morton's salt at other times.

Perhaps there's no need to get picky about it--but I've gotten picky.  No more Himalayan or sea salt, because my current choices work just fine--especially Morton's Kosher salt.

Morton's Kosher salt is what I use too.    I love their coarse salt for pasta water and even for putting on my roasted sweet potatoes.     It's inexpensive and works fine.  I save the more expensive Himalayan salt for the few items that I do love to flavor. 

I've weaned myself off of using much salt.  In my younger years I was just salt addicted.

My husband has never used much salt so he certainly doesn't miss it.  

Respected Contributor

I bought the pink salt because it is suppose to have minerals in it that we need. I have a RO system and it takes all the minerals out of our water.

I think the pink salt is less salty tasting which is a good thing.  I like salt on certain things but not a lot.  

I won't use regular salt again.