Respected Contributor

Re: Hi to all our QVC pals.....We came back from abroad and it's great to be home again.

Hi sunshine3215,

Thanks so very much for your lovely concerned reply. That Greek Italian Ferry disaster was so awful. I wish safety could always be a guaranteed part of traveling, and of course we worry too, but as they say life goes on.

When you take your Med. trip you will love it too, and they say good things come to those who are patient....so you should have lots of good things and travel adventures to look forward to.

Enjoy your Sunday my friend, and take good careSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hi to all our QVC pals.....We came back from abroad and it's great to be home again.

Loved reading the summaries by country. Had just decided that French sounded the best to me, when I saw the Italian listing. Oh my gosh, it all sounds so good.

Respected Contributor

What a nice trip! I'm glad you and your DH had fun, Adoreqvc. And yummy food!Smiley Happy I bet you could've had internet access while you were there, drop in here and say hello. The world is smaller now with global internet.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Hi AuntG,

We are so glad you enjoyed reading the summaries by country.

It is really difficult making a decision and I know what you mean, because we enjoyed it all so much too.

Respected Contributor

Adore, thank you so much for your post! You must be a real pro at getting over jet lag- but maybe it's a result of all the fresh wonderful food. Well, this I can tell you: if you need a Greek Culture and food fix, be sure to visit Tarpon Springs Fla. I recognized all the foods you mentioned an have had most of them. There are some things that are not quite the same- for example, some of the really young cheese: it simply does not travel or package well, so the only places to get those kinds of things are right there in the country......I could spend hours among the textiles and needlework......what treasures! As you rest and recoup, I hope you have time to share with us-what a gift! Once again, welcome home! Hugs, Poodlepet2
Respected Contributor

Hi newziesuzie,

Thanks for your nice reply.

Yes the food was delicious and we had a blast.

Of course global internet is available, but we are not tied to the net when we travel, and that is our personal choice.

People can actually survive without the internet, and many do not feel compelled to use it all the time.

Respected Contributor

Hi Poodlepet2,

You are so very welcome.

Honestly we have no difficulty sleeping anywhere, so jet lag is really never a major problem. As soon as we get home we unpack and get everything washed and taken to the dry cleaners. Luggage is put away, and we stay active until we are really very tired....then we take a nap, and get the rest our bodies need.

I have been traveling everywhere both work related and for pleasure for over 45 years when my husband was alive, and my 2nd husband is also a traveler, so we still travel. (We are both pro's at packing lite, and getting around).

We have made new friends in Tarpon Springs and they come often to visit us and bring us natural sponges and other gifts. (We have also visited them, and yes there is a very large wonderful friendly Greek community there).

I agree that some items are best eaten in the country where they originate from since many really do not travel well, in spite of a lot of effort from the various originating manufacturer's.

Thanks again for your lovely kind words poodlepet2, and it is great to be back home internet chatting again with you, and with all of our QVC pals.

Again happy safe healthy prosperous New Year 2015, blessings, and take good care my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back, Adore. I've missed out Greek dinners out by your pool! They were always soooooo good! Thanks for inviting us along.

Respected Contributor

Hi Zhills,

Many thanks for your kind words, and I have missed you too!

Entertaining and the Greek dinners are usually poolside when the weather allows, so that would be the time I would post them, and you have a standing invitation dear friend!

In the oven now I have an Eggplant Parm casserole and the dogs are sitting at attention, whimpering and looking into the oven, since I have the oven light on. They know they will be getting a taste.

My husband went into the garage because he said he could not stand the delicious intoxicating food odors assaulting his nostrils....(his words not mine)...and since it was still baking he decided to leave until it is ready to be served. (Men!!!).

Zhills I wish we all had taste o vision and smell o vision, because if we did I would happily share.

Respected Contributor

adore - Happy New Year to you both and welcome home!! Glad you had a wonderful time and returned home safely!!

I have been to all those outer Greek Islands you mentioned and they are absolutely beautiful. The food was so delicious - I had baklava every night while on vacation in Greece!

Enjoyed reading your posts and thanks for bringing back wonderful memories of my trip to Greece. Looking forward to your future posts!