Honored Contributor

Re: Hey everyone, special cooking for September 2017???

For the last two days, I have been eating, as my main meal, grilled naan/flatbread, spread with mayo, and sliced Big Rainbow, red/orange, tomatoes from my garden, with a bit of salt, so good.  

I made pork tacos with leftover grilled pork, beans, cheese, sauteed red onions, tomatoes from the garden, and mexicali avocados who were given to DH by a friend who was given a ton from someone who brought them from Mexico, though don't know how he did that as I think we have a law that no produce can be brought into the state from another country.  They are delicious, near a Haas, still the very best, but not as thick and creamy.

Tonight will be ribeyes, home made fries, and a side, probably salad.

I have begun Fall decorating, so meals will be simple until that is done, but I am enjoying seeing the beautiful colors of Fall in my kitchen once again.

Respected Contributor

well 1905salad thats a good prize congrats to you. enjoy plenty of coffee.

Respected Contributor

Had baby back ribs and fried potatoes and onions - easy to fix and great to eat. LOL.

Also filled the bird feeders - FINALLY!!! So the birds will be nice to me now.

Hope all had a great day - super busy day yesterday and great church service today. Did NOT get as much work done as I had hoped. What can I say. House is a disgusting mess.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Had baby back ribs and fried potatoes and onions - easy to fix and great to eat. LOL.

Also filled the bird feeders - FINALLY!!! So the birds will be nice to me now.

Hope all had a great day - super busy day yesterday and great church service today. Did NOT get as much work done as I had hoped. What can I say. House is a disgusting mess.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!!

@Winifred  How did you cook the ribs?

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone----a beautiful NJ day today. I'm trying to make the most of it because we may get the fringes of Jose tomorrow---rain all day !

@Winifred-----I don't know how you do it ! You must be a very strong woman. I am exhausted just thinking about what your daily schedule must be like. And, on top of it, having to deal with CPS..Your life has all the makings of a book or movie. 

@mousiegirl---I could happily survive on your tomatoes and Winifred's fried potatoes and onions......Now if you want to throw in a ribeye (the perfect food), I certainly will not complain.

Yesterday I roasted a turkey breast and it was perfection. Very high heat for a relatively short time and served it with Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. Today I wanted something completely different so I had Chinese food delivered about 15 minutes ago.

Respected Contributor

danky sounds great. we ordered chinese food friday night. we could never get tired of chinese food. maria sometimes makes chinese food for supper. she learned that restaurants must double wrap egg rolls and after she tried it now there just like the reataurants . tonight she made chicken fahitas and spanish rice. really good. tomorrow night chili with corn bread and wednesday night stuffed lasagna roll ups.  i will make the sauce wednesday morning for her, she does must of the cooking,. i allways load and unload dishwasher and clean kitchen and i love to do laundry.hope everyone had a great day and a good week.

Respected Contributor

We had frozen dinners last night - just was not up to standing in the kitchen. Works for everyone here except me - what can I say. If I am desperate I will eat one - actually they are not bad at all, just does not sit well for me but they are lifesavers for sure. Of course Davey MUST have two and not one. LOL.

Another very chilly morning - Ricky and I are off to his session at Riverside County Mental Health - he is doing well - bless him.

Have a great day one and all. Have no clue what will be for dinner tonight.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning--- no rain yet just a little overcast. Actually a pretty nice morning.

@mousiegirl---I meant to ask if you make your own flatbread. The tomatoes sound so delicious I can almost taste them. I only have little tomatoes this year and no other veggies. Every year since my DH died I tell myself this is the year I get back on track with seasonal decorating and it never happens. 

The guys that take care of the property do put out tons of mums so that's something.

@Winifred----I always have frozen meals in the house usually Marie Callender or Hungry Man. When they are on sale 5/$10 , I stock up. I really like them for when I just don't want to cook or want to have a bigger lunch.

Last week I bought 20 Banquet because they were .75 each. They are good when I am not very hungry.

@Pooky1---As I am typing this I am doing laundry. Your menu for the week sounds yummy....I'd have no problem eating at your house.

My DH was not really fussy about food but he didn't like Chinese. So now I have it much more frequently and I love it. Who is Maria ? Also, do you too have kids in the house ?

I have a small boneless pork loin in the fridge so I will stuff that and serve with fresh roasted cauliflower and roasted potatoes. 

@1905salad----congratulations on your awesome win ! 

Respected Contributor

Danky, I had the Banquet - good reason for Davey to eat two of them. LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Danky, I had the Banquet - good reason for Davey to eat two of them. LOL.

LOL is right ! My boys are BIG... They would've had 4 and still been hungry.