Respected Contributor

Re: Hey everyone, special cooking for September 2017???

Hi @Soushi24-----I am new here so it is nice to meet you.

For the last few years I, too, have been cooking for one. It has been a big adjustment and a daily reminder of what I have lost. 

That cake sounds yummy....I have everything but the cake mix in the house so I'll pick that up in the morning and make it this weekend (even though it is supposed to be close to 90* here in NJ.) I can easily finish off the whole thing...LOL

Respected Contributor

Hi @Pooky1----well I hope you are not too disappointed at Paul's loss.

I am not a Paul fan, in fact I find him repulsive, but I did feel badly for him.

I have liked Josh and Cody since day 1 so their wins worked for me.

I don't know if you read that Jessica and Cody are going to be on the Amazing Race and Jessica has a recurring role on The Bold & The Beautiful.

Does Maria stuff the roll ups with cheese and meat like you would use in a traditional lasagna ? I have made the roll ups stuffed with cheese and spinach and mushrooms and baked with a white sauce.

Do you guys watch Survivor ? 

Respected Contributor

@Winifred----I hope you got a good night's sleep and have recuperated from your yesterday "adventures". 

Shout out to @mousiegirl !

Respected Contributor

sounds yummy.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon danky and everyone. down here its like 70 and really windy so i figured its a good day to pull weeds. we were team paul but we really liked josh to.so  with lasagna rolls she used ricotta mozzarella and parm and used tomato sauce i made. she has done them with spinich to. she makes lasagna different ways. one time instead of hamberger she made chicken parm and cut it up and it went in like hamberger did. it was awesome.i   hadnt hurd about amazing race but bold and the beautiful i did here about. hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

It has been a long day. Something woke me up at 1:15 this morning and ,no matter what I did, I could not fall back to sleep. 

I went to a farm in NY state and got some fresh corn and made turkey/corn chowder for dinner. I also picked up a warm loaf of freshly made French bread and a slice of cheesecake....my sweet tea rounded out a very filling and satisfying meal.

So the dogs are in the kennel, the house is closed up and I am going to read until I fall asleep (which will probably be within the hour).

Respected Contributor

all sounds great. we had left over chicken fahitas and spanish rice. it sucks when you cant get back to sleep.they sell pills called midnight. there not strong like a sleeping pill but just enough to get you back to sleep. i use them back when i was still working. what kind of dogs do you have?   tomorrow grocery shopping with my mother inlaw.shopping i love to do. everyone have a good night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Danky wrote:

It has been a long day. Something woke me up at 1:15 this morning and ,no matter what I did, I could not fall back to sleep. 

I went to a farm in NY state and got some fresh corn and made turkey/corn chowder for dinner. I also picked up a warm loaf of freshly made French bread and a slice of cheesecake....my sweet tea rounded out a very filling and satisfying meal.

So the dogs are in the kennel, the house is closed up and I am going to read until I fall asleep (which will probably be within the hour).

@Danky  Your dogs are in a kennel?  They don't sleep in your home?

I have many sleepless nights, but eventually, I will sleep like the dead for one night.

Respected Contributor

Hi there Soushi. I am so happy to see you here. For you newbies, Soushi is the absolute backbone of this thread. Sadly she lost her true love and it has been difficult for her - and us as we all love her. Hope you feel up to coming back soon Soushi. Hey, your cooking looks as good as ever. Take care my friend.

Now dinner here was a pick up operation. Ricky has been completely insane and it has been difficult. I need to call his counselor as I am really concerned about him - he is so horribly angry, hitting and cursing like a sailor - completely out of control. He has had his problems but past week or so and this week for sure something is amiss. I will talk to Sherry again as I must begin to wonder what is going on there - no accusations but something is just not right.

iT IS COLD HERE - well cold to me that is. I still have not called the gas company to come out and check the heater - I MUST DO THAT or snow will fall and I will freeze. Happens that way and it takes quite a spell to get them out here when you wait as I have. Sigh.

Again, Soushi so happy to see you stop by.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy fall yall

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."